4.0 out of 5 stars One handy installation guide, 9 Jan. 2012
This review is from: COOLEAD L610WS P2P Wireless IP camera webcam /Tilt 2-ways Audio Mobile Viewing WEP/WPA/WAP2 wireless Wi-Fi Pan/Tilt internet IP camera day and night vision CCTV security monitor With IR-Cut (Electronics)
No matter how much I would like to give 5 stars for the price and the built quality; but the only 2 minuses (no zoom) and bad documentation do not allow me to give it 5 stars as it is not directed to the average user. No wonder some guys here gave it 1-2 stars that is 'cause they didn't manage to get it working and I don't blame them.

That said I still luv this handy little cam. Well worth the money, depending the use you want it. It can watch a whole room effectively if placed high but remember it has no zoom [UPDATE 28 JAN --> Not seen it myself but one guy that I helped told me that apparently there is an app on the iphone called ipcam which can ZOOM!! That's will be amazing but again I've not seen this with my own eyes]. Impressive infra-red as other people mentioned, I have to admit in pitch black and the image is P E R F E C T!

After 4-5 hours of tinkering I managed to get it going in Wireless Lan Mode and I accessed it successfully over the Internet with my mobile! It is a little gem for £40 you won't find any better. I totally disagree with one guy who says it loses wireless signal, tried it in a home with thick walls to withstand a 6,7 Richter quake and the camera NEVER LOST SIGNAL for over 2 years now!! And that is over 2 floors.

Someone else mentioned that he had to pay DYNDNS in order to access the camera over the Internet. That's absolute rubbish. You can use no-ip to set an account. You don't need DYNDNS.

Overall I'm really happy with my purchase and looking forward to discover more features. I have a 10 page file that I 've tried to upload through the 'video review' link here; but to no avail. Can someone in Amazon help me to upload my word file? It is a handy guide of how to install this camera over WLAN and Internet. I tried through the video section but it rejects it.

My kind regards to everyone,

If anyone wants any help, please feel free to message me here and I 'll give you my email address or alternatively I can install the camera for you remotely over a weekend if you still find it hard! No pro!

And NO! I don't own or have shares in the company;) I have a job thank you! I just do it because I like learning new stuff and helping people :)

PS. (update April 2013)

I've noticed that this cam is now advertised by Amazon with a built-in mic and speakers. I had one user asking me on how to setup this but as far as I know
there are NO audio settings at all for this model! Beware then as if you are buying the camera with the intend to use audio! If you know anything more on this or want to share your experience configuring the audio; please post here.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 43 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 91-100 of 765 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2012 17:32:21 BDT
El Greco says:
Hi T J Rooney..returning home from a football match..in a couple of h i'll mail u

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2012 19:21:12 BDT
Cat Mad says:
Hi El Greco,
Firstly, tried the 'scanners and cameras' search but came unstuck coz there is no 'drivers' folder on the camera installation CD.
So I decide to use the conventional method.
Firstly I disabled my wireless newtork to avoid any conflicts. Then I manually configured my Ethernet so that its static IP address was 192.168.0.1 subnet 255.255.255.0. Then I ran Advanced Mode from the camera CD. I was careful to select my ethernet network adapter from the dropdown list on the Advanced Mode screen. Although the correct settings for my network adapter are then displayed there is nothing listed for the camera in the Devices list. I am now wondering if the default address of the camera is not 192.168.0.126!
I know you are keen for me to get this working, and I salute your enthusiasm, but I am fast running out of time due to other pressures! Do you have any final suggestions before I send the camera back?
I can see there is hot demand for your guide - I hope the others are having more success than me.
Many thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2012 21:53:30 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Aug 2012 21:58:45 BDT
Hi Cat Mad,

Sorry for the huge delay but I just came back home 107 miles from a football match. Well I've got numerous suggestions; with number one to download Teamviewer so I can have a look but If you are running out of time. MAKE SURE ALL FIREWALLS including your router firewall are off. Also have a look underneath the camera the ip address is written there in some models..Well done changing the default network of you router to 192.168.0.1 it should be this or 192.168.1.1 Last but not least go start>run>cmd and type arp -a and press enter.

You should get a list of devices that are currently connected to your router. Try from that list to FIND OUT your ip cam's address from the left hand side by matching it to the MAC-address (right hand side also called and Physical Address). The physical address is on a sticker at the bottom of the camera. Have a close look.

Bear in mind that camera will operate on a port as well. Because it is not being automatically identified, I'm suspecting a firewall blocking its way. Final test you can do before giving up is to go at your browser and type your cam ip semi colon the port --> i.e. 192.168.0.126:80

Good luck and if you don't succeed and you want download free Teamviewer and I can take control of your mouse and see what is going on.

Take care

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Aug 2012 23:26:23 BDT
Cat Mad says:
Hi El Greco,
Just wanted to thank you for your time and effort to help with this (awful) product. In the end I just gave up and returned it to Amazon who have given me a full refund - great service on their part. If you know of any other similar product I will be most grateful for your views. D Link perhaps?

Kind regards

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Aug 2012 23:57:32 BDT
Hi Cat Mad,

Well, it not an awful product..it just has awful (non-existent) manual!! Sorry I have not tried any other web-cams, just bought this because it has good all around performance & on a fair price..Take a good look at the reviews before you decide which one to go for..Aim for ease of use & installation I reckon..

Best of luck

Posted on 12 Sep 2012 13:41:19 BDT
Mommyme says:
Hi El Greco,

I have just purchased this camera after reading your review, thanks for the info and I can only assume you have helped so many people already. I was wondering if you could please send me a copy of your document as I would like to set this up so I can see the camera remotely and send mail if someone comes into the house. I have already got the system working wirelessly and can view it while on my lan with no problems.
1 other question, did you ever get sound working with it? I don't seem to be having much luck on this side.

Thank you in advance. Please if you can send the document to me, my address is lucienjacomb@hotmail.co.uk

Twane

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Sep 2012 14:37:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Sep 2012 14:52:50 BDT
Hi there Twane,

I'll email you shortly the guide. Unfortunately in there you will only find useful info on how to set up the camera working over the Internet using a SKY router; my model (bought it a while ago!) didn't have a mic or email functionality.

However as you already mentioned I have helped several people to setup theirs and I know how to do this over a series of wireless routers (Virgin, BT, Linksys) and I can also help you with the email settings as well. Please feel free to email me (preferrably with a screenshot) when and if you get stuck and hopefully I'll be able to help.

Best of luck!

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2012 20:34:38 BDT
D Bradley says:
Hi El Greco,

I've bought one of these cameras after reading your review, however the installation CD doesn't work as I'm running an Imac. Could you please forward me on a copy of your instructions (I'm going to be connecting via a BT home hub) to dermot_b@hotmail.com

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2012 22:03:00 BDT
Hi Dermot,

No worries mate and my installation CD was not working! That's why I wrote the guide ;) Unfortunately my instructions are for PC (but they should be really similar for MAC as well)..Secondly when I first wrote this guide I did it only for a SKY router..However I got lots of posts asking for help for Linksys router, BT hubs and Virgin router as well..I know how help you install the cam n any of the above and despite my limited knowledge of the MAC-world;I think I can also help you through Teamviewer with your machine..

Have a look at the guide; see how you get on and if you get really stuck and you want some help then maybe we can try Teamviewer or something similar so I can help you remotely. But seriously, a bit of googling, asking the right questions PLUS the guide you should fine..

Let me know how it went.

Best of luck :)

Posted on 14 Oct 2012 15:50:38 BDT
Hi El Greco, I've just bought one of these and it looks like to save a lot of pain that I need your instruction. I've Pc and sky router so hopefully you have done all the hard wirk for me ;). My email is ianharvey33atgmaildotcom. I have mangled the email on purpose.
Cheers