4.0 out of 5 stars One handy installation guide, 9 Jan 2012
This review is from: Wireless IP camera Pan/Tilt 2-ways Audio Mobile Viewing WEP/WPA/WAP2 wireless Wi-Fi Pan/Tilt internet IP camera day and night vision CCTV security monitor built-in microphone and speaker allow you to communicate with people directly support mobile phone viewing (Electronics)
No matter how much I would like to give 5 stars for the price and the built quality; but the only 2 minuses (no zoom) and bad documentation do not allow me to give it 5 stars as it is not directed to the average user. No wonder some guys here gave it 1-2 stars that is 'cause they didn't manage to get it working and I don't blame them.

That said I still luv this handy little cam. Well worth the money, depending the use you want it. It can watch a whole room effectively if placed high but remember it has no zoom [UPDATE 28 JAN --> Not seen it myself but one guy that I helped told me that apparently there is an app on the iphone called ipcam which can ZOOM!! That's will be amazing but again I've not seen this with my own eyes]. Impressive infra-red as other people mentioned, I have to admit in pitch black and the image is P E R F E C T!

After 4-5 hours of tinkering I managed to get it going in Wireless Lan Mode and I accessed it successfully over the Internet with my mobile! It is a little gem for £40 you won't find any better. I totally disagree with one guy who says it loses wireless signal, tried it in a home with thick walls to withstand a 6,7 Richter quake and the camera NEVER LOST SIGNAL for over 2 years now!! And that is over 2 floors.

Someone else mentioned that he had to pay DYNDNS in order to access the camera over the Internet. That's absolute rubbish. You can use no-ip to set an account. You don't need DYNDNS.

Overall I'm really happy with my purchase and looking forward to discover more features. I have a 10 page file that I 've tried to upload through the 'video review' link here; but to no avail. Can someone in Amazon help me to upload my word file? It is a handy guide of how to install this camera over WLAN and Internet. I tried through the video section but it rejects it.

My kind regards to everyone,

If anyone wants any help, please feel free to message me here and I 'll give you my email address or alternatively I can install the camera for you remotely over a weekend if you still find it hard! No pro!

And NO! I don't own or have shares in the company;) I have a job thank you! I just do it because I like learning new stuff and helping people :)

El Greco

PS. (update April 2013)

I've noticed that this cam is now advertised by Amazon with a built-in mic and speakers. I had one user asking me on how to setup this but as far as I know
there are NO audio settings at all for this model! Beware then as if you are buying the camera with the intend to use audio! If you know anything more on this or want to share your experience configuring the audio; please post here.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 38 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 744 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 Jan 2012 23:17:30 GMT
C. Forrester says:
Hi There,

I would love a look at your guide as I am lost, Not sure if it is me or the camera however I am reasobalby text savy but this has got me beat. All I want to do is get it to run on WiFi but when I set it up in the settings it finds my wifi network, i put in the MAC address into my router. Unplug the ethernet cable from the camera and it stops working. :(

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Feb 2012 22:44:21 GMT
Hi C.Forrester,

First of all apologies for the late reply. I didn't know I could keep track of my comments via EMAIL! doh! :)

Well I'll try again to upload my user guide via the video feature of Amazon. If I can't do it again, you can create an email anywhere, post it here and it will reply to you as soon as you do. From what you are describing to me, I assume that the camera is working when connected only by the cable.

When you say 'it stops working' I suspect it still has power but it does not show anything on the computer screen. It is a bit tricky this part. Could be a number of reasons: firewall, PSK (most likely), port forwarding, mac filtering even DHCP can give an address to one machine or mobile at your home and block camera's ip.

I have 3 questions for you.

[1.] Did you use wireshark ?

Basically get connected the camera with the cable to the router and your PC to the router. Then access the camera WIRELESS settings. When entering your password visit the link above and enter your SSID (the name of your wirelss network) plus your password. The PSK-generator will give you a big key. COPY PASTE this to your camera WIRELESS settings password instead of typing your password in english alphabet!

[2.] When you try to access the camera, is it in the same subnet with the rest of your network? Let me help you with this one.. Go Start>Run type 'cmd' and press enter..

Type 'ipconfig /all' and have a look at your IP address and DNS server. They will be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or something similar. What about your cam? If your cam is 192.168.1.54 it won't work with a network of 192.168.0.1 !!
Need to reconfigure this manually.

[3.] When you try to access the camera do you tybe the port as well? Let's say you open IE, Firefox or Chrome and type in the address 192.168.1.54 (your cam ip) :81 your port. This port can be changed if it conflicts with another device in the network. Generally my advice will be to do everyhting static in your network, i.e. assign static ip address to laptops, desktops, mobiles , printer or whatever else you have at your home/office. This way you avoid the risk of another device occupying camera's ip address.

Hope this helped. As I said the most likely is the PSK. GO WITH OPTION 1 and it should be fine.
Keep me posted if you have still have trouble fixing this.

Take care

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Feb 2012 13:04:05 GMT
I would love a look at your guide also. Thx Sami

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Feb 2012 20:12:46 GMT
Hi there Miss S. Anslow,

First of all my apologies for replying so late but I was really REALLY busy with my work. Unfortunately Amazon does not provide a method for uploading word files (only videos) so what I can suggest is to open an email account and post it here so I can email you my guide.

Take care

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2012 08:34:04 GMT
Hi I just ordered these and i know im going to struggle, so any guide would be great

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2012 12:36:53 GMT
Hi there,

I am @ my job now, but post me an email address here & i can send u my guide..

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2012 12:41:27 GMT
Darren.blundell@googlemail.com thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2012 12:44:59 GMT
El Greco says:
No worries m8..i'll send u the guide today as soon as i get back home 8ish pm :)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2012 15:23:52 GMT
Thank you. Email address is charlie10265@gmail.com

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2012 15:26:40 GMT
El Greco says:
i 'll email the guide to both of u, no worries :)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 75 Next ›