3.0 out of 5 stars Not To Spec?, 3 Mar. 2012
This review is from: HP Pavilion dv6-6c56ea 15.6 inch Laptop PC (Intel Core i7-2670QM Processor, RAM 8GB, HDD 1TB, Windows 7 Home Premium) (Personal Computers)
If you buy one of these check to see if you have the specified 2 x USB3 ports. Mine had 4 USB2s and no USB3s, HP confirmed it was incorrectly built. Otherwise great machine.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Mar 2012 11:13:36 GMT
PaulH says:
WOW, I've just bought one of these also. Are HP replacing the laptop for you?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2012 01:30:46 GMT
Sanvir S. says:
Do let us know if when you receive yours that it has the specified 2 x USB3 ports want one myself as well bloody awesome specs though tbh lol

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2012 10:08:42 GMT
Mog0_3 says:
I have had no resolution yet, is your machine OK? I'm interested to know if mine is a one off.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2012 06:51:00 GMT
PaulH says:
What I have discovered is that when playing music, at certain times when laptop is working hard sound crackles. On one occasion I had a temp sound and graphic crash where the mouse was not being refresh leaving a trail of lines all over.

In regard to USB 3.0 I have no way of test this yet because I have nothing that's USB 3.0 yet, but I can see the driver installed in device manager under USB settings. Does your show 2x USB 3 entries there?

Posted on 5 Mar 2012 13:05:23 GMT
Thanks for the heads up on the USB3/2 issue. I'm seriously considering buying one of these (specs + price= great offer). How have you found it as a system to use (Fast, responsive, running multiple programs, as a media machine film, music etc)?

The sound and graphics failure concerns me. Have you been able to repeat this fault? Have you heard of occasions of this happening to other people?

Thanks for your review

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2012 20:53:21 GMT
Last edited by the author on 5 Mar 2012 20:53:31 GMT
PaulH says:
Great laptop although still not as fast as my custom built desktop PC running the older quad core CPU (one before i7) with 8Gb RAM. This is not a surprise as laptops are always slower than same spec PCs. However, this laptop is no slouch either, its very responsive and I'm glad I bought it. Graphics and sound glitch was one time. Other few times I've notice sound sluring or crackling when installing software and playing music. This is a concern but it must be a software issue rather than hardware. Not really come across this type of fault before?

Posted on 9 Mar 2012 03:51:17 GMT
SwordSwingin says:
Maybe this is why it isn't available to buy currently? might of put it on hold and withdrew it from sale while they resolve it.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Mar 2012 10:51:08 GMT
Stevenph7 says:
I don't think so. They only had a limited amount in stock and as it was a fairly high spec computer at low price people were buying them up quick. They had a stock amount number at the top of the screen and every day it went down, I got mine when there was only 2 left! I'm typing on it now and I can confirm it is a very nice laptop. Well built, nice keyboard, fast and I think mine does have usb3. However, I'm not 100% on what they look like as I've never used one. The best info I can give is that on one side of the computer there are 2 usb ports with the normal usb logo and on the other side there are two usb ports that have "ss" before the usb logo and the input is blue. I hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Mar 2012 16:05:06 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Mar 2012 18:28:22 GMT
PaulH says:
Having just looked at my USB ports, all four of them have black tabs inside, none of them blue!!! I've seen USB 3.0 ports blue but I don't have them!! Does this mean that despite seeing USB drivers and a USB 3.0 entry in installed programs that I don't actually have USB 3.0 either?

I am now seeking HP for further info on this but how are you getting on? You pursuing a replacement? Whats the latest?

Update: Just inspected 4/5 DV6 laptops on display at Staples. All had black USB ports, none blue!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›