5.0 out of 5 stars Truly amazing, stunning visuals at amazing price!, 26 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Acer S240HLBID 24-inch Monitor 16:9 FHD LED 5 ms 100M:1 A DVI w/HDCP HDMI Acer EcoDisplay (Accessory)
I was looking for a monitor for my Mac Mini and Xbox 360 which had full 1080p HD, with a pretty slick look if possible. I searched and found various models with lots of reviews, however this one had no reviews which made me slightly hesitant. Despite this I went ahead and ordered this and I can't express how please I am with this.

It looks really nice, turns on and off in lightning speed and has various settings to adjust to a fantastic clear picture. Everything looks great in 1080p and the display is really thin aswell adding to the great look.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this to anyone especially for the price!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Nov 2011 13:37:33 GMT
J. Potter says:
I love Acer monitors, had one before. In the picture though, it shows that it only has a vga input, not hdmi or dvi like amazon states, Does it have these inputs, also, is it easy to turn the brightness down when you need to?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2011 15:03:39 GMT
iMikkie says:
Yes it has HDMI and changing brightness is straightforward!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2011 15:07:26 GMT
J. Potter says:
Sold! What about DVI? I wish I never got this Benq monitor now, it's a VA panel with amazing picture quality, but the finish has a glossy screen, ugh. Got it from Ebuyer, who have a really crap returns policy (I should have used amazon, who have the best).

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2011 15:08:53 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Nov 2011 15:09:33 GMT
iMikkie says:
Yes DVI as well, I can't stress how amazing this monitor is its paperthin!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2011 03:17:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Nov 2011 19:07:38 GMT
J. Potter says:
Thanks, proper tempted now, looks like the pic on amazon isn't accurate though, from what I've seen, the power button is a small transparent thing like a shape of a thumb that's just underneath in the center or the right, like I had on my old Acer, correct?

Also, does the monitor have a matte or gloss finish? Sorry for all the questions lol I just hope after numerous attempts from upgrading from my 21.5 inch acer it's pretty much the same apart from the size. If it has a matte finish and clear sharp picture and no dead pixels, gonna add it to basket, but I've been searching everywhere, and I cannot find any info on it being gloss or matte, as I hate gloss!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2011 13:35:38 GMT
M. Anghel says:
I'm the third that I bought this, its amazing, thin and looks great, its matte. Its beautiful, you will not regret buying it

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Dec 2011 16:03:49 GMT
Last edited by the author on 5 Dec 2011 16:04:36 GMT
J. Potter says:
When the reviewer says it boots up in lightning speed, does that mean that when you turn the monitor on, the screen doesn't go black for 2-3 seconds like most monitors do? I have an Acer 21.5 inch, and it never does this, or states what connection its using when it boots up. Turn it on, logo crops up, windows 7 appears immediately. As I use XBMC, its a total pain with other monitors because the screen goes black for a few seconds when watching TV shows.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Dec 2011 23:04:50 GMT
iMikkie says:
Upon booting up, the Acer logo appears for approximately 2-3 seconds.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Dec 2011 10:22:37 GMT
Tom_D says:
Does this monitor work well with an Xbox 360? Do you notice any 'dithering' ? On my previous Samsung Monitor, when using my Xbox 360 and looking closer to large dark areas, I'd notice that the monitor would have a sort of flickering effect. Please could you tell me if you notice this on this monitor.
Cheers

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Dec 2011 04:04:36 GMT
J. Potter says:
Does it state what input it uses like most monitors when you turn it on? (Apart from my current Acer 21.5 inch).
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›