2.0 out of 5 stars Over Priced - Poor Value, 28 April 2012
This review is from: PURE EVOKE-2S, Luxury Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio - Maple (Electronics)
I got this product as a present and did not have the opportunity to return it, otherwise it would have gone back in the first week. I have now had enough time to see how bad it really is and notice I'm not the only one to have had reliability issues with it.

GOOD POINTS:
Looks good!
Sounds ok but only when it works!

BAD POINTS:
Prone to spontaneous and strange failures.
In DAB mode last between 15 and 30 mins before switching itself off.
Other strange behaviours including volume refusing to turn down from time to time!

VERDICT:
Very poor price to quality ratio.
Ok as an ornament, but if you want a DAB radio, buy another brand.

I work in electronic product design and I must say Pure should be ashamed of themselves for releasing a product at this luxury price point with such massive reliability problems.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Jun 2012 09:04:19 BDT
Bootsox says:
have you tried a firmware update?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2013 11:55:20 BDT
@madesign54 says:
THANK YOU!
I have had a EVOKE-2S since Nov 2008, its rarely used, but recently I have been using it daily, but get tired of it losing the station?? Admittantly we are in a bit of a DAB dead spot, so thought it was just the nature of beast! So have been using my Tablet with Digital/Internet radio that works!

Well today, it stopped working, and switched itself On and off?? Odd I thought, so decided to take a look at it...

First I phoned PURE up who was most helpful, who also showed their surprise of the switching on and off bit! I was given the repairs center number, who said to LOOK at the problem it was £40, with the cost of the fix extra, But when giving CLEAR symptoms, was told a technician would have to SEE the EVOKE to diagnose the fault. As I NEVER trust technical support centres who usually employee numb-ties (sorry). I did a web search - and what a SURPRISE it is!!!

This is a COMMON FAULT with the EVOKE-2 and 2S

Which suggests that the PURE EVOKE 2-S is not built fit for purpose, as there is CLEARLY a DESIGN FAULT within the Electronics and therefore is still under warrently via the 5 year RULE according to the Sale of Goods Act 1989!!!!

Perhaps more of us should get together and make a FORMAL COMPLAINT...

But as we are british we will never complain and then go and buy another one, as we all do without ever complaining bitterly like we should!

RE Firmware UPDATE - its impossible to do if you have a windows PC running 64-bit OS which I have had for the past 6 years, likewise many PC's to day are 64-bit os... so its a common os today, so why does PURE not update its Update Utilities...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (171 customer reviews)

£149.99 £139.99