5.0 out of 5 stars A veritable tardis of a bag, 10 Dec 2009
This review is from: Kipling Women's Defea Shoulder Handbag (Apparel)
I am a kipling fan, let's make no bones about that, and most things kipling please me. They are uniformly well made, good colours and joy of joys they can be thrown in the washing machine and laundered as and when they need it, giving them much more longevity than normal bags.
The Defea is for women like me who carry a lot of random stuff around. Not only does it have the usual slots for phone, mp3 and the like, but it also has plenty of pouches and places to store keys, makeup, cheque books, credit cards and so on. Add to that the main compartment of the bag easily takes one sony vaio notebook, mouse, spare battery pack, mousemat and two university books along with a notepad (the paper type) and pens, and STILL has room for the heap of old receipts, the purse and the assortment of clutter I hike around with....and it is still NOT FULL.
The capacity of this bag is even more amazing given that it does not look that large from the outside.

When I am not carrying around heaps of study material, I have loads of room for small amounts of shopping in this bag, meaning no carrying around a spare bag, and this for me is a great bonus.

Reliable and sturdy, I cannot fault this most favourite bag of mine, and the colour is a nice one too - it is advertised as Emerald green, and I thought it would be bright and loud, but it is not, just a nice deep emerald colour, not at all youthful and funky.

Highly reccomended and the best bag I own!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Jan 2011 18:35:31 GMT
Lizzie says:
A fantastic review - except that I STILL don't know whether it will fit across the body.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Mar 2011 19:00:10 GMT
It does. I have been using the strap (extended to fit) cross body to keep my hands free when out and about with my mischievous child whilst wearing a winter puffer jacket. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2013 00:37:03 BDT
M.D.T. says:
Great post, I'm a huge kipling fan but surprisingly don't own one of their best selling Defea bags! I'm still contemplating between the Kipling Elise and the Defea. I actually bought the style Indira recently which I love as I need a bag that carries a lot of my junk but unfortunately doesn't fit my my Apple laptop which is 13inches. As you mentioned being able to fit your Sony Vaio in the Defea, what size laptop do you have?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.9 out of 5 stars (291 customer reviews)

Out of stock