5.0 out of 5 stars A Short Review, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Samsung UE32F4500 32-inch Widescreen HD 1080p Slim Smart LED TV with Built-In Wi-Fi - Black (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
As someone who is fairly technically minded, whenever I buy new technology I spend at least a week reading up on the latest technology and price specific specifications in order to make the most of what little money I have.

I have never bought a brand-new television before, and my existing one was a behemoth and was technologically a whole different species to the screens currently being sold. In accordance with my initial statement, I visited a number of tech review sites, and read up on some of the current technologies in modern televisions within my price range.

I was initially set on getting a Full HD screen, as while I wouldn't be taking full advantage of this technology immediately, I reasoned that it would be something that would be benefitted from in the long term. However I also wanted LED backlighting, at least one USB port that could also be recorded to, 3+ HDMI ports and a 32" screen, not to mention being somewhat (and in many cases unfairly) snooty with relation to many of the unknown brands - all culminating in a need to sacrifice certain aspects in order to stay on budget.

I hadn't even considered the Samsung UE32F4500, as it was only HD Ready (720p) and not Full HD (1080p). On reading a number of reviews on the TV's I had shortlisted, I came across this model which was explained as almost identical to the next model up (the UE32F5500) apart from a few areas that weren't too important to me... other than the lower screen resolution. However on reading a little deeper I began to understand that the difference between 720p and 1080p on a 32" screen was not actually that significant, with 1080p only really coming into its own on the larger screens. I realised that I wasn't actually going to benefit enough by the highest definition image enough to warrant it in a television..

So with integrated Wi-Fi and the Smart TV functions (both of which meant I didn't need to have that level of connectivity or function in my satellite receiver) I found that this TV actually met and exceeded all my desired specifications, plus saved money when buying a HD receiver.

On receiving the TV it is truly beautiful. Very light and easy to set-up, I can also tell that the On-TV Smart TV function isn't just a gimmick that will eventually become ignored too - especially as it becomes used to what types of programmes I tend to watch. The remote is stylish and can also be used to control my existing set-top box with the included universal IR (infra-red) connector.

I am extremely pleased with this purchase, and would not hesitate to recommend this TV to friends and family. Or you.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Oct 2013 13:11:56 BDT
honest jim says:
a very good and useful review many thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2013 08:18:18 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 7 Oct 2013 08:20:06 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2013 08:21:21 BDT
Rab. says:
Hi Joe thanks for your helpful post. Would you know if this telly has a MAC address or how to find it ?

Posted on 28 Oct 2013 00:32:35 GMT
Really appreciate the review. Just a quick question about the USB port, does it support flash drives? I'm unsure if being able to play straight from from flash drives is a default feature on most tv's or not. And i couldn't see it mentioned in the specs on here. thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2013 09:06:18 GMT
Hello Mr. Steven.

Yes, it does support flash drives and handles them very well.
You can even plug in an external hard drive.

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2013 09:08:03 GMT
Hi,

Yes, it has. Like all Network TVs.

You can find it under Network Settings or in a sticker that you can probably find in the back of the TV.

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2013 09:34:14 GMT
Rab. says:
Thank you for your reply, this is my first 'Network TV'.

Posted on 22 Nov 2013 19:26:24 GMT
Elly says:
Really great review, people like you who take the time to bother are so helpful! Do you know if it has scart sockets (or hdmi??) that you could plug in a wii or Xbox? Thinking of buying one for my kids. Many thanks.
Elly

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2013 21:41:23 GMT
Yes, it has both SCART and DVI.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2013 21:26:10 GMT