1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT review because it's not out yet...Shame it does not stop others here!, 18 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Doctor Who - The Web of Fear [DVD] (DVD)
I am a huge fan of Doctor Who and have been my whole life. I grew up on Who, classic Star Trek and Thunderbirds. There is no alive who wants to see this more than me, nor indeed is there anyone alive that wants this to be excellent more than me. Believe me I applaud people devotion and dedication to the show and the loyal support we give to our favourite time traveller.

But come on folks, a five star review of a series of episodes that a) Isn't out yet b) has not even been seen for 47 years!

You are basing all of this on memories that the vast majority of you will have experienced as small children. So let's get realistic and actually wait for the damned thing to make an appearance and THEN review it.

At the very least, lets show that we know the difference between a preview and review.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 Oct 2013 09:25:46 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Oct 2013 09:26:11 BDT
And how is this helping?

Posted on 18 Oct 2013 10:27:02 BDT
'a five star review of a series of episodes that a) Isn't out yet b) has not even been seen for 47 years'. I think you will find that you are wrong on both accounts.
a) the complete serial is out and available to view as a download from itunes, and has been since the 10th october.
b) these downloads are what people are basing their reviews of the story on and not from distant memories of the first broadcast 47 years ago.
Personally I think these reviews are a good thing if they help convince people to buy the DVD when it is released. Your 'review' on the other hand is misinformed, redundant and adds nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Oct 2013 11:48:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Oct 2013 18:30:30 BDT

Posted on 18 Oct 2013 17:39:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Oct 2013 17:52:12 BDT
I. D. Scott says:
You are obviously ill informed this has been available for a week now as a download.
Your review is a bit hypocritical as you complain about the original reviews but then you do something even worse in my opinion giving it one star when you haven't seen it . How is the story going to change once it is released on DVD ? Why drag the star rating down for a great story ???? If this doesn't sell well the BBC will not fund any further recoveries, which if you believe the rumours there are more out there.
Oh yes & I have watched it on ITunes,

Posted on 19 Oct 2013 14:04:14 BDT
Daniel says:
I like your 1 star review Daron Woodward, i totally agree with what you are saying. This Amazon review business is getting out of hand now. I cannot stand idiots that post 5 star reviews on a product before it's even been released!

Posted on 19 Oct 2013 16:37:44 BDT
This story may not have been "seen" for 47 years, but it has been available as an audio CD for many years and I have listened to it many times. I have also seen the one already found episode and feel that I am able to give give an objective and informed opinion of the story.
I am sure other fans are in a similar position.
If some fans are getting carried away with 5 stars, so what ? What is wrong about being happy ?
The worst thing hat can happen is someone buys it and does not like it, big deal.
Live long and prosper, sorry thats another program. Barrel rider.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2013 20:20:03 BDT
I. D. Scott says:
Actually people are reviewing the story which has been available on ITunes for a week now.This is what you will get on the DVD. I downloaded & watched... it was great & yes I gave it 5* without hesitation. As for extras great if there are some but if not who cares we get to own a story that no one thought they would ever see again. Personally I can't stand idiots who give 1 star just because they can't seem to join in with other peoples excitement at this story being found.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2013 21:54:43 BDT
Soze says:
''There is no alive who wants to see this more than me'

Presumably there are a considerable number of people alive who want to see this more than you seeing as they already have whilst you appear to be waiting for 4 months! Normally I'd agree with you, I do dis-like reviews of products which aren't out yet...but in this case anyone who wants to see these episodes has now done so, the restoration on the iTunes episodes is what you'll be getting on the DVD and there are supposedly no extras. So I don't see the problem with people reviewing what they know will be on the disc. Let's face it, these episodes being found is exciting news for Who fans and I think it's a tad curmudgeonly to criticize people for getting carried away!

Posted on 20 Oct 2013 11:05:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Oct 2013 12:30:59 BDT
Daniel says:
The 5 star reviews on this item are not justified at all as the product has not been released yet! We all know what the story is about and reviewing the story only is not helpful at all. Amazon reviews are for reviewing the actual physical product to help people make an informed decision whether to buy the item or not.

There are already arguments from people saying there will be no extras on the DVD and some say there will be extras on the DVD? Why don't you all wait until you buy this release and THEN write a proper review about it.
If you look at my past reviews i've done on Amazon you'll see i only leave reviews on an item once i've actually bought it. This is to try and help other people who may want to purchase the product. If i want to get excited about future DW DVD releases and tell evryone what a huge DW fan i am then i'll go to a DW fan forum or blog page to do it.

There could be many things wrong with this future Doctor Who release. The final artwork maybe rubbish, they could have made a mistake with the discs, the disc menu navigation maybe faulty, the picture quality maybe terrible in one episode and the extras maybe minimal. Therfore it makes sense to only write a review on a product once you have bought it, and then this will help other potential buyers.

If you have already seen this on iTunes then leave a review on iTunes on not on Amazon. Also if you a big Doctor Who fan and love this story then tell other people on a Doctor Who blog or fan forum, don't bore us on Amazon with your impending excitement.

Finally if you don't agree with my above comments then tough! Just read Amazons rules and expectations on how to write a review and you'll see i am correct with what i'm saying.

And before you all start to slate my 1 star review on this product, i did it because i'm annoyed with all the people leaving annoying and useless 5 star reviews before a product has been released! Once i have bought this product and watched it then i will edit my 1 star NON review accordingly.

The END!

Posted on 20 Oct 2013 15:51:55 BDT
L O'connor says:
it may not be out on DVD, but it is out on I tunes, how different can the DVD be?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (131 customer reviews)

£19.99 £8.94
Reviewer

Location: A land where the Laserdiscs roam free!