5.0 out of 5 stars Great mp3 Player for non apple buyers, 7 July 2011
This review is from: SanDisk Sansa Fuze 4GB MP3 Player with Radio and MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black (Electronics)
I wanted an mp3 player that avoided the compatability issues of an apple product and had some future proofing to it. I purchased the Sansa Fuse and I am very pleased with it's performance.

Here are the pros and cons

Pros
. A large screen so you can clearly see what you are selecting.
. The screen picture quality is very clear and sharp.
. It is very easy and quick to navigate the menu options using the wheel.
. So far the battery power is lasting well and doesn't require constant charging.
. When you hold the player and feel the controls it is well built.
. It is very fast when changing tracks.
. Setup is a breeze I have windows 7 and the first time I connected the device via USB windows found then downloaded the driver in seconds.
. Adding music is very easy I used windows media player to drag and drop songs then pressed sync.
. I purchased a 16GB memory card to go with this product. All I had to do was insert the memory card (did this whilst it was on) and in a few seconds the device recognised it.
. Headphones connection is simple no need for converters as is the case with a walkman phone.
. The sound quality is exceptional (I have all the equaliser settings all set in the middle)I am hearing background notes on tracks I only usually get when listening to a CD. I listen mainly to rock/dance/indie/pop just to give you an idea. I already have a pair of seinheiser headphones so I haven't used the headphones supplied with the mp3 player.
. The volume control does go up to a very loud volume. After reading other reviews I set my region to north America to avoid EU volume cap.
. The weight of the player is very light and I can't even feel it in my bag when I'm out and about.
. It is a very attractive piece of kit.
. It supports WMA files and mp3
. You do not have to use itunes
. The price is wonderful
. It has the ability to add memory via a memory stick making it slightly future proof should your collection of tracks grow, or the type of media you use change (e.g. you store photos not mp3).
. The on/off switch/hold/reset slide button is brilliant making it easy to lock my player when I'm on the move.
. The player is very fast to start and switch off no waiting around for things to load.
. It is very easy to set up music playlists.
. The whole player is very ergonomic and fuss free.

Cons
. There is no manual included with the player but you can download it from the Sansa website. There is no cover protecting the memory stick slot however it does feel secure and unlikely to drop out.
. It would be nice to have a volume button on the side of the player. It takes a bit of practice to select the volume using the wheel I either undershoot or overshoot where I want to be.
. There is no plug charger only a USB cable however you can purchase an adapter, which I think I will buy because I travel by train a lot and this gives me the option of charging it on board the train should I need to.
. It does take time to upload mp3 tracks to the player, however the quality I use is 320kbps.

Finally I should mention I use this as a music player and have not used it for audiobooks, videos or photos. This is common sense but I would recommend giving the player some added protection from knocks and scratches to prolong it's lifespan. You easily find covers crystal hard case ones or silicone on the net for as little as 2.

Even with the cons I still give this mp3 player 5 stars because the problems(very minor ons)really don't out way the positives.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]