10 of 17 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Fires (Audio CD)
The first time I'd ever heard Nerina was this year when she released her new single with video of "everybody's gone to war". I didnt know of her before and that she had already released the album fires along with that single.
Because of the catchy song, excellent lyrics and good video I decided to buy her album.
Fires really shows every style of song Nerina can produce. I love this album and recommend for anyone who is into music like Avril Lavignes and KT Tunstall's as its a mixture of the both. It's worth the money.
Heres my opinion on the songs:
My Fave song: Idaho
My Least Fave: Nickindia
1) Everybody's... 10/10 -Excellent lyrics and real catchy you'll be singing it straight away
2) Halfway Home- 9/10 - I think the song's ace but its struggling to find which still it is going for, lyrics once again in this song are excellent.
3)Damscus 7/10 - I arent sure about this one but not one of my faves.
4) Idaho 10/10- Fantastic lyrics, beautiful singing and excellent tune.
5) Learning to Breathe 6/10- Really rocky tune and catchy however on the CD it suffers poor sound and quality as you can hear Pallot singing but the music is quiet. Bad recording for this song I think.
6) Mr King- 7/10- A bit boring but the lyrics are good and after a while you end up joining in.
7)Geek Love 10/10- This one I love (shame about swearing) but the catchy tune is fantastic
8) Sophia 10/10 - Shows off Nerina'a beautiful voice in a slow catchy song real good en but not my favourite.
9) All Good People 9/10- One of those movie songs that you can really dance to and ace lyrics.
10) Heart Attack 9/10- Really catchy
11) Nickindia 5/10- Really Boring the music is up and down its the longest track on the album and its such a shame as I love the end of albums. This song is alot like a practice that her and the band have just recorded o practice her voice and the tunes of other songs. I really dont get this one and this has to be my least fave.
Then Again, the rest of the album is brilliant and i recommend it for any one. Its a great price so have fun listing to this album.