1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful what you buy, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Zoostorm 7877-1033 PC (Intel Pentium G2030 3.0GHz Processor, 8GB DDR3, 2TB SATA HDD, DVDRW, No Operating System) (Personal Computers)
Small problem: the hard drive doesn't take Windows. I of course expected that, for the small price, I should have to supply some parts, and in that sense the lack of a screen and even of a modem is not that much of a surprise. Not to be able to install the most common OS, on the other hand, means that most of us will simply end up without a computer. I had intended to buy a computer without OS just because I owned a copy of Windows 7. There are supposed to be ways around the problem, but the one I have already tried doesn't work, and at any rate the point is not whether I can finally defeat the unsuitable hard drive partition, the point is that I should have been warned before I started.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Dec 2013 22:13:03 GMT
Ancient says:

There is a disc with all drivers from XP to W8. There is no problem installing these operating systems so you are clearly missing something. Just deleted the rest of my comment as not polite.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2013 04:59:57 GMT
F.P.Barbieri says:
Look, I'll admit I'm no expert, but the reason I can't install Windows 7 - which I will probably straighten out later today with Partition Wizard - is that the partitions are wrong. I don't see what the drivers have to do with that, and at any rate the disc provided did nothing for me.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2013 12:22:00 GMT
Ancient says:
You do not have to be an expert to install an operating system on a bare bones machine as long as it is an original Windows disc and not a backup supplied with an other machine. How you propose to run Partition wizard I do not understand. Partitions if required can be put in place after your Windows is up and running with all necessary drivers installed. What I found annoying was that you give a first class PC a one star simply through your own short comings.
Take a deep breath and start again.
1. Press Del on start up and make sure you can see the two drives with the DVD drive set to first boot. If not at the end of the bios set bios to default and then the two drives will come up.
2. Insert your original W7 disc in the DVD drive and restart. Let Windows format the whole drive and then install W7. If you run the Drivers disc it may install utilities you do not want so you could point the PC to the DVD drive when it comes up with found new hardware.
When up and running I use Easeus Partition Master to create the necessary partitions. C should be as small as necessary. I always put my Documents on a separate partition and also any large files Videos or Music. I use Acronis for backing up C drive and other partitions.
I have installed both XP and W8 without problems and consider the equipment is good value. Good luck.

Posted on 8 Dec 2013 13:34:52 GMT
Pleiades says:
Bit strange marking down a product due to your own inability to do a simple task...

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Aug 2014 11:50:12 BDT
How you propose to run Partition wizard I do not understand? Answer: you can in fact partition a completely blank hard drive with software made byParagon and Acronis (Disk Director) I have done it loads of times, and I have also failed on the very odd occasion. This makes it easy to create a multi boot system OS machine. You do of Course have to boot up from the software with a bootable C.D to do any of this.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›