5.0 out of 5 stars X11 Turtle Beach headset for the 360, Brilliant!!, 7 July 2010
This review is from: Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 Headset (Xbox 360/PC) (Accessory)
I'll keep this relatively short and sweet. Some of the comments from others on here about this headset have merit, both negative and positive but overall this is a fantastic set of headphones.

I actually bought mine from another supplier not even thinking to try Amazon, I can't really fault these. With regard to the build quality, I actually think they are pretty good compared to most other gaming headsets with boom, the ambient sound supression although not 100% like with a bud set of earphones is really good.

I mostly play Modern Warfare 2 on the 360 for up to 4-5 hours straight sometimes and these things are so comfortable that you get completely immersed into the gameplay, and it also improved my game play because within seconds of using them I was hearing subtle sound effects I didn't even realise existed in the game when playing sound through my speakers and sub woofer such as grass quietly breaking as people tried to stalk me very slowly and even the sound of feet gently padding to the floor whilst the other player was using Ninja Pro perk which makes them 'Almost' (but not quite!) silent, both times resulting in a kill for me!

If like me you like to play games into the night and don't want to keep the rest of the household awake, and you also want to improve your gameplay then these are a must, oh and I got mine for £50 from a retail store and think they are a bargain at that price, so any cheaper and they are a steal!!

Let's face it you will always find something better if you look hard enough, but that usually comes with an inflated price tag, I doubt many people will be disappointed with these and they beat the hell out of the nasty Microsoft Xbox 360 headsets that in my experience start to break within a couple of weeks of use, either because the mic stops working, or the connector becomes loose and they then don't give you reliable connection.

Oh incidentally, the mic on these seems to be of a particularly good quality, friends have commented on the clarity of my voice during conversation, not a bad thing to earn as praise when you have a brummie accent!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Sep 2010 21:22:29 BDT
i ordered this in the middle of the day and got it the next day very fast and the was pakaged well!take it from me i've had plenty of headsets gaming is not the same without a Turtle beach!Comfy and reliable don't go for anything cheaper this is something worth buying!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2010 21:46:33 BDT
sauce says:
Is the voice chat really good? During battles when grenades are blowing up etc can you still hear people in your party/team clearly?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2010 23:36:07 BDT
Applemad says:
Yes crystal clear, and the voice chat has independent volume from the game sound effects too, so you can balance the volumes perfectly.

;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2010 20:37:08 GMT
When the game volume increases (grenade goes off) the voice volume also increases

Posted on 1 Jun 2011 19:09:18 BDT
Alex says:
Is there a hissing noise when you are no playing the game, like when on the main menu or on the dashboard, these headphones apparently are famous for that. So do you have this problem?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jun 2011 19:18:38 BDT
sauce says:
The hissing sound is really low and I don't even notice it anymore. As soon as there is sound you won't notice it at all. Also the sound let's me know my mic is on which helps sometimes.hope this helps

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jun 2011 19:20:34 BDT
Alex says:
thanks, that response did help, i wans't sure weather to buy it or not, also how long have you had yours, and do they still work and have you had any problems with them yet?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jun 2011 19:34:27 BDT
sauce says:
I've had mine for about 6 months or more I think. Havnt had problems at all. They work so well I keep the headphones on my lap while I play and chat because the sound quality is so good and the mic even picks up the sound from the ice cream truck which passes my house which is amazing as well. I've used these and the turtle beach xlc and frankly this beats xlc hands down. Its also very good with skype which is a bonus.

Posted on 15 Aug 2011 16:29:30 BDT
minderone5 says:
I brought these for my grandson last christmas he loved them but within 6 months they were broken so Im not impressed

Posted on 3 May 2012 16:32:16 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 May 2012 16:32:39 BDT
Applemad says:
Quick update on these, mine are still going strong, they are so good in fact that I bought my 12 year old son a set as well a couple of months back, and he is the headset destroyer!

So far his are still working nicely too, the one thing I insist he does when he has finished using them is fold the cables up properly and tie them using the supplied velcro strap and this seems to have preserved mine for a long time now, check out my original review date and like I say mine are working like new still, MW3 nowadays though!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (214 customer reviews)

Used & New from: £38.00