5 of 9 people found the following review helpful
Dont go there if you use gmail,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Xerox WorkCentre 6015NI Laser All-in-One Printer (Accessory)
I purchased this as its compact design was needed to fit in a specific location, and it seemed to have the cheapest consumables....... it arrived and then the trouble started... I lost 3 days of my life !!!!
1. It came with a european plug not a UK plug.
2. Connecting it to the wifi was easy.
3. Print quality is good.
4. Drivers for Mac were easy to install but not very comprehensive, for instance cant print test page from driver, and puts a weird program on the task bar of my mac.
5. The scan to email will not work with gmail, yahoo, iCloud due to requiring a smtp mail sending (I ended up using SMTP2GO) - Took 36 hours to figure this out, see next point.
6. Still haven't got scan to folder working yet ! Im not a IT expert, but I know more than average.
7. Getting technical support out of Xerox is impossible, firstly you are forced to call a 0870 number, they are not used to dealing with a consumer product (they didnt even know amazon sold their product), their call centre in Manilla is useless, took me 3 days to eventually speak to a UK based engineer (who was good). They sold me i had to book an engineer visit to update the firmware, but they couldn't tell me what the latest firmware release was, and it turned out that it was the latest version installed ! The worst customer experience of my life ! When called Xerox HQ, spoke to some useful people, but getting to speak to anyone in authority is impossible.
My experience with Xerox proves that their customer service is inadequate, and is not suited for a home or small business due to inability to use gmail etc, and complicated setup.