1.0 out of 5 stars I love this product but it has flaws., 29 April 2014
This review is from: Breville Blend-Active Personal Blender - 300 Watt - White/Green (Kitchen & Home)
I love what this does. I love the design. It's such a brilliant product, but it broke after my 3rd use. I was making lemon juice, I peeled the lemon completely, cut into quarters and dropped inside the container with three teaspoons of white sugar, added 4 cubes of ice, a piece of melon and topped up with cold water, fitted the blade unit, attached to the base, pressed blend and it made a horrible noise. I removed the bottle from the base and could see melted plastic. Oh snap.

Why do good ideas get badly executed? I really love this thing but I can't afford to keep replacing it every 3 uses. Yes, it's the first time that it happened to me but by reading the other 1-star reviews I can only assume that it's a design flaw.

Breville, if you guys are reading I would gladly pay £99 for this if you made it sturdy and durable, and by that I mean a GOOD motor that will last 10 or more years and a GOOD blade that is all metallic and won't break with light fruit and a few ice cubes even though it states on the box that it crushes ice. Why did I say £99 and not less? Because the Nutribullet costs £99 but the container is not as nice. What makes your product wonderful is the long bottle and the lid makes it perfect to put on the side of my backpack or the car's cup holder, plus I'm able to close it off so it doesn't spill. The bottle's plastic is great, the main problem is the motor unit and the blade unit which are crap (sorry but it's the truth).

Please Breville make a v2 with premium materials, people (including me) will buy in a heartbeat if it lasts for many years. We're tired of crappy products that go in the bin and pollute the environment, just make something that lasts even if it costs extra.

Just an addition, I bought mine at my local Tesco Extra, the Breville website does not mention them as a reseller but they carry this item too.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Jul 2014 18:13:06 BDT
nwad says:
Very detailed and informative review. I was about to purchase this product - Breville - but will wait and see what happens - ie do you read reviews of your products? Hope so, I would rather pay more for a product that was reliable and didn't break on the 3rd use! What a waste of money Guy. Thanks for taking the time to write about this blender.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 10:49:32 BDT
BB says:
Of all the millions of happy buyers, I think this was a fluke, or the metal blade was not in properly. Please send it back to breville - you have a 12 month guarantee. I have sold over 50 of this product in the last month and all my buyers have been extremely pleased - not one complaint.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2014 19:53:30 GMT
Snoopy says:
Give it chance I have 2 break within a month , not even put frozen stuff in

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2014 22:52:03 GMT
Reviews Guy says:
You're welcome, glad I could help :)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2014 23:04:29 GMT
Reviews Guy says:
Oh please, come on now BB. Yes, the blade was in properly, I'm not brain damaged. I have appliances that are way more complicated to use and cooking is my thing so it was not my fault that it broke. I'm not saying that the product is perfect or that it's rubbish, all I'm saying is that it failed quickly so the QC is obviously at fault, if Breville used slightly better materials or better QC to catch the issue on the assembly line it would not have failed and I would have been one of these "millions of happy customers" writing a 5-star review but I think it is also important to write negative ones when a product doesn't work well so potential buyers don't get something thinking it's perfect because it's not, all I've done is to give information, it's up to the person to decide, I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from buying if they wanted to, all I'm doing is relaying my experience with the product, this is what the reviews are for.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2014 16:52:36 GMT
john says:
products are designed to break after 3-5 years max , in the chineses factories they will have a white board on the wall with all the components glued on from this machine and they say " how to make cheaper, please" !! and last short time

the companies dont want it to last ten years

Posted on 7 Jan 2015 15:42:09 GMT
foxy_anna306 says:
Bang on!!! Exactly what happened to me! I was only making banana and peanut butter smoothies. So not under any pressure. Such a shame because the concept is fantastic. So easy to use and take with you.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2015 15:42:55 GMT
foxy_anna306 says:
A fluke!!!! Have you read all the negative reviews on here??? I also experienced the same issue.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (2,457 customer reviews)
 (2,034)