3.0 out of 5 stars Call me old fashioned, but....., 25 Oct 2010
This review is from: Samsung TicToc 4GB MP3 Player - Pink (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Whilst this has its plus points, which I will get to presently,the main thing you need to know about the TicToc is that there is no LCD display and it operates only on motion. This is an advantage if you can't read or if you like gimmicks and novelties, but a disadvantage if, like me, you like to scroll playlists and ponder.
You have to learn to use it, as its not straightforward, and you control the volume with shakes, and the tunes with clicks and shakes- which I am still getting wrong.

Downloading was OK, when I figured it out, but I haven't figured out how to make the voice work-yes, you get a verbal playlist instead of a readable one. If you shake this wrong, or the wrong number of times,it can be over sensitive and perform the wrong function. I just didn't feel in control.

Its not all bad news though, here are the plus points as promised:

Its attractive, small and light. You could wesr it around your neck (say, if cycling) or there is a belt clip to attach it to yout clothes/belt. It comes with spare headphone covers, which is a nice touch, and is about the same size as a packet of Rennies (showing my age there). There is a 4GB memory on it, but I was not tempted to fill it when I feel I can't access the right song I want in the first place.

To be honest, I think my 13 year old niece would love the novelty value of this, as I got quite frustrated with the "3 shakes to the left, two clicks, one click, one good shake" palaver. Just give me an LCD screen and a few nore buttons. I can cope with that!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Jan 2011 19:03:18 GMT
H. A. Bay says:
Why the hell did you buy it, if you need LCD-display??????

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2011 22:57:47 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 1 Feb 2011 22:58:32 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2011 22:58:20 GMT
sam155 says:
I didn't buy it, I was reviewing it for Amazon Vine.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jul 2013 22:21:06 BDT
M. Luong says:
so do you actually own this product then?
how easy is the charging? charging time and battery life?

Posted on 12 Sep 2013 11:58:33 BDT
You control the volume with the large top button, if you want it lower, turn the tic toc upside down and click the button to the desired volume level, opposite way up if you want louder. Skip a track by holding tic toc sideways, and pressing the top button, easy! Downloading is just dragging and dropping, if you want it that easy, I've had one for a while and love it!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (107 customer reviews)

Out of stock