4.0 out of 5 stars Worth watching, 19 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Footsteps In The Fog [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Quite an unexpected film, with a twist at the end. A good cast, excellent acting and a good story from the beginning. When Stewart Granger's character murders his wife, little does he expect the series of events that will happen, as his calculating and cunning servant desperately tries to get her man. She worships him and devotes herself to him, but, in return, he attempts to murder her, only to find he bludgeon's the wrong woman. Yet again, the faithful servant - now his housekeeper - saves him, this time from the gallows. Yet again, he desperately tries to rid himself of the lower-class girl, who has become a thorn in his side. I never expected the conclusion to be quite so ......... No, that would spoil it for you!

Certainly, a story that has murder and cunning, but a sad tinge to its entire plot and certainly that conclusion.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Jun 2012 16:22:00 BDT
Ronald Haak says:
"No, revealing the ending would spoil it for you.". . . . . . . !!! yaaagh! Why rein yourself in about the ending? You've already spoiled EVERYTHING PRIOR!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2012 13:23:18 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 Jun 2012 13:27:51 BDT
UK Filmbuff says:
I suggest you seek urgent help, as your anger is something to be afraid of. (And there really isn't any need to SHOUT!) Having watched the film, I know I haven't spoilt it. As the Americans would say "Go on, then, wise guy; tell us the ending". I bet you can't!

I'll tell you what. Here's a re-write, just for little you! "Quite An **** film, with a ** at the **. Don't ask me to give any more details, as some readers, with anger management problems, behave like spoilt children and wail uncontrollably. I might recommend the film, but daren't, in case someone else says they didn't like it. I'm not allowed to express an opinion, because it might upset someone". There!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Oct 2012 14:03:46 BDT
Doravale says:
This review contains way too much information about the plot! I was trying to find out some basic facts about this film, but the review told me more than I wanted to know... I know, I know, it IS my own fault for reading anything about it at all.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2012 17:10:44 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Oct 2012 17:11:32 GMT
UK Filmbuff says:
No it doesn't! I'll re-write it again for you, though. "This is a film. It has actors, a beginning, a plot and an ending". Is that better? Do you lot actually do anything on here other than MOAN?!!

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2012 23:02:41 GMT
tinks1412 says:
Great review Filmbuff . Just the right amount of information ;)

And personally I think Amazons synopsis gives away plenty of the plot anyway!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2013 17:56:31 GMT
UK Filmbuff says:
I appreciate your kind words. Thank you! I do try my best to be informative, but not spoil things!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (63 customer reviews)

£9.99 £4.95