5.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy bag, 24 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Eastpak Tranverz L Two Wheel Holdall (Luggage)
This is a good sturdy bag. The base and back is fixed, so unlike other bags in this style I've had, I am more confident that this one will not break so easily. I initially wanted black, but on sale this colour was not available. I purchased in Blue Wave, which is actually perfectly fine and somewhat classic looking.

I would recommend this bag. I previously had a qantas branded bag which broke the first time I used it. The Qantas bag was poor quality even though it was expensive. In comparison, this eastpak bag looks much sturdier for international travel.

The great thing about these bags as opposed to traditional suitcases is that in most cars you can fit two large suitcases in the boot. Ideal if there's two of you travelling (or even for depositing people at the airport!).

*** An update since purchasing and more than 12 months worth of use. I bought the EastPak large transfer bag time some time ago now and it has now been to and from Australia, America, Thailand, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, etc (all from the UK). Planes, trains and automobiles. It's survived very well indeed, even after having been dragged through snow, ice and water after our skiing trips. In terms of weight - it is great - it has heaps of room and is itself very light - but no matter what I cannot seem to "over pack" it so that I exceed the weight restrictions on flights. Even with my incredibly tight packing it will only take about 24 kg (provided you don't pack books or documents). Also, I like the fact that when I pack knee-length boots in winter, they lie flat so that I don't have to ruin the leather. It's flat shape means that it can be stored under our bed (even with the smaller Medium transfer bag stored inside it).

For my husband and I, the two compartments are perfect "his and her" sides which means we can share a bag if necessary. On some work trips I use the other side as the "to be washed" section so that I only have to open one side when I move from hotel to hotel. The wheels are still in perfect condition and the handle and general shape shows no sign of giving in. We also purchased the medium transfer bag for smaller trips and it is similarly excellent - sturdy, reliable and with the convenient two compartments.

Having seen how well it's traveled, I've now convinced my mother to buy the bag for her trip around the USA. For the price, reliability and functionality, I would highly recommend this bag.

**** The bag arrived very quickly.

***** Update in 2014 after first purchasing this bag in 2011. It's still going strong. Still looks good. Wheels and handles still in place. Zips all work. No damage to the fabric. Have also bought the medium, which is great for a weekend. Buying another now - for my husband for our 4 week trip to Australia / Indonesia.

[Add comment]