1.0 out of 5 stars Read this if you're a 36C or above!, 9 May 2010
This review is from: Shock Absorber S4490 Women's Max Sports Bra Top (Sports Apparel)
I'm a 36 C cup and I'm currently training for me 2nd marathon, so I do alot of running. Previously I've worn an over the head type bra with a reinforced vest type running top and this tends to minimise the inevitable bounce. So I was really eager to try this "wonder" bra. I have several points whcih unfortunately reflect this bra in a very negative light.
1). This bra does not stop the bounce. It sort of straps them down and this reduces the bounce a wee bit, but it gives you a MOMOBOOB (just what every girl wants) and this then bounces as one. But be under no illusion it will bounce.
2). For long distance running chafing is inevitable once you go over say 12 miles distances. To me absolute horror I had chafing on both after a 5 mile run! This is totally unacceptable and its purely the result of a ridiculous design flaw. The inside of each cup has seams running horizontally from side to side, the repetitive motion of running (and bouncing) caused serious chafing to the point where it bleed!
3). My final rant is for the overall design. Not only is this bra a pull over the head bra but then you have to contort yourself to fix a back fastening. In my opinion this fastening is totally redundant and it makes it difficult to "fix" your pair in place. May as well just have stuck to the original over the head design.
Thats it. I've been totally honest here, I hated this bra and won't be wearing it again. If any girls out there of 36 C or above know of a sports bra that does what it claims I love love love to hear about it! Happy running girls!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 May 2013 20:06:27 BDT
Agikyo says:
Hi R. Keane "Luwena", I also run and A'm 34D/ 36C it depends on the bra. I didn't buy yet this bra, but now, that I have read your comment, probably I even won't buy it. I have got 2 other bras from this brand: the D+ max suppert sports bra and the womens run sports bra (B5044) from the shock absorber, which are ok for me, but the sizing is too small. I had to send back and order a bigger one. I don't know any better bras, but if you do, or someone tells you, which running bras are really good, I would be really grateful, if you could let me know! Thank you! :)

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 11:05:50 BDT
R Bradshaw says:
Panache sell the best sports bra I've ever bought. I'd highly recommend them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›