3.0 out of 5 stars Bluray Image good, fan obtrusive, 26 Mar. 2011
This review is from: KitMaster®HD Ready Projector For Game Consoles, TV, Blu Ray, DVD, PC, Laptop, Digi Box, Sky, Virgin, Media Player upto 120" Screen Size and Excellent + KitMaster® Hdmi Cable And Cleaning Cloth (Electronics)
I bought this projector a short while ago and have found it to be more than acceptable for projecting DVD and Bluray discs to a huge screen about 3m across the other side of the room. It was extremely easy to set up and I was projecting within 10 minutes of opening the box. There are a good number of ports to add HDMI x2(for Blueray), VGA (for pc)and RGB component. All very good. Unfortunately it begins to lose marks from here onwards. It is difficult to set the pc so that the desktop is readable (lose one star), but viewing family photos and BBCi/4OD is fine, although some tweaking is required on the picture settings to get an optimum picture.

The sound from the unit is ample but my preferred method was to hook up surround sound. There inlies the real problem. The fan is so obtrusive that you need to have surround so high to be heard over the top of it.(I can't find anywhere the DBa level output - my opinion is that it is on a par if not higher with above average talking level which is reported as being around 60DBa)I do not want to find myself as a nuisance neighbour so my recourse is to use wireless headphones to blot out the noise from the unit.

I am now considering purchasing a quieter projector for this reason. So if you are looking for a cost effective projector for viewing family photos then I would say this was fine, however as a bluray home theatre the pleasure is diminished somewhat by the noise from the fan. For that reason I would suggest purchasing an more expensive but quieter unit and as that was the real reason for buying this, and the unit is advertised as such I give the unit 2.5 - 3 stars.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Apr 2011 22:34:32 BDT
Which one you would recommend instead? I am looking for something not too expensive. Please advise.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Apr 2011 13:47:14 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Apr 2011 13:48:50 BDT
o_10sworld says:
Well I just made a new purchase - the Acer P1200 which works great. Hardly any sound from fans in Eco mode and crystal clarity image. The projected image is not as big which I'm slightly disappointed about. There is a manual zoom feature which isn't amazing, but the digital zoom is fine. As a cinema exerience this is great. Word of warning though - the HDMI recognises a signal from all DVD players and my newest Blurray surround player. Previous bluray wouldn't work. VGA is great though and PC can be seen with perferct clarity. Just my opinion of course, but I wish I had just paid the £400 in the first place for the Acer rather than buying this one wasting £200+.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Apr 2011 15:44:41 BDT
I was wondering if you could confirm that the native resoloution does indeed support at least 720p as it seems the manufacurer uses a standard off the shelf shell and components change as tech changes and prices drop.

I would be a little concerned if the native resoloution is not 1280x720 as then it would not be true HD
Cheers

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2011 22:12:27 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Apr 2011 22:16:12 BDT
o_10sworld says:
Hello, Its difficult to say for sure as there is little or no reliable documentation (chinese translation in manual I think - broken English) and the menus don't provide that level of information. What I will say is that there is an enhancement visible in the image for bluray connection and it says its 1080P60Hz on display. In effect the question is redundant because the image is pixalated in many scenes (possibly as result of zoom lense which is powerful), especially noticeable around contrasting features such as facial features and there is no real definition to alot of in-picture text. The hook up to a pc is testimony to this as the desktop is difficult to read without making icons extra large. The picture is adequate if this sort of thing doesn't bother you - it does bother me so I made a new purchase. There are alot of things to like about this unit, screen size is amazing, pip is good etc, etc, there are just too many compromises to make it worth the purchase.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Apr 2011 08:03:16 BDT
Thanks for the reply.
I emailed the seller and he confirmed native resoloution is 800*600 so it will support HD but not true HD quality and he kindly cancelled my order as I was looking for a cheap 720p as I lug my projector around my mates houses.
Just incase your interested I got mine from http://www.projectorsite.co.uk/ who do 1080p from around £450 mark and 720p from £200.

I have to say the seller was very open and for a stater projector with the functionality it has it is good value for the price particulary the replacement bulb costs.

Posted on 17 Sep 2011 20:35:08 BDT
Hi,
I'm really thinking to buy this projector, I just need to confirm its weight. Is it really 5.5kg?

Posted on 19 Jun 2013 21:26:34 BDT
thoma47 says:
we have just getting a kit master projector it is very loud how can you plug earphones in i have wireless earphones but you still have to plug them in where to cannot find any where on this projector could you let me know
‹ Previous 1 Next ›