Oxford Good English by John Ayto,
This review is from: Good English! (Paperback)
Oxford Good English by John Ayto is simple to use and has most of the answers to everyday queries about English usage. It is a handy guide in a kinda-pocket size so easy to take out and about if you are an aspiring writer working in coffee shops or getting inspiration from your local village common.
The book is ideal for:
* Writers wanting to get Good English into their novels or non-fiction books
* Foreign students needing to perfect their English
* English students ... ditto
* New business start ups who NEED to write Good English in their business communication
* In fact - just about anybody who has questions on grammar, spelling and English language usage.
invent verb and discover verb. You discover someting that was there before but which nobody know about. You invent something that wasn't there before. See page 164 to get examples of how to use both of these words in the right context.
iHubbub Review Quote: "We love the handy little tabs down the side of the book so you very easily flip-to-find alpha letters for quick easy searching."