5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome debut, 23 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Winter Trilogy: A Witch in Winter (Paperback)
I really feel like I have been spoilt lately. I don't seem to have anything negative to say about any of the books I have read in the last month and this one is no exception. I always know I am on the right track with a book, when my best friend phones me up to tell me she has bought this fabulous book and can't put it down. As soon as she mentioned the title 'A Witch In Winter' I had to grin, because she was spot on. I almost wish I hadn't read it, so that I could enjoy it afresh all over again.

Many of you know I have a thing for witches, so this book was always going to find a way into my hands. As soon as I started to read it I loved it. The first few scenes are set in Wicker House - all I can say is my ideal home makeover! An old creepy house, infested with every small living creature, with a dodgy history - I want to live there! Wicker House would have been sold on sight to me.

As the story progressed, events happen which bring a desperate Seth to Anna's door. His declaration of instant love, scared the hell out of me and I was concerned that she might have a stalker on her hands, but once she sorted out the problem, he turned into a really lovely guy.

Anna was AMAZING! Her powers were AMAZING! She seriously was electrifying in her abilities and took on her new found abilities with ease. I really want a power like hers.

I found the book to be really well paced, as each chapter swiftly moved you on in the story. I found I couldn't put it down for long, as I needed to know what was happening next.

The ending was seriously explosive. If you had added fireworks they would have gone unnoticed, with such lightening powers occurring from the witches. Some serious magic going down! Not sure I want to remain living by the sea though...

This is a book about a new girl in a new town with some seriously new talents. A magical start to a new series that leaves me waiting impatiently for the next book. At least it didn't end with a cliff hanger, all the loose threads were sewn up by the end of the book.

A promising new start to a series I am already growing to love.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]