2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
Brilliant , not only a great Periphery release, GREAT Music,
This review is from: Clear (EP) (Audio CD)
Great tunes and great vibes. The music is surrounded by a positive vibe, pretty hard to describe but after listening to this music in the morning, you can't simply have a bad/sad day.
One of the cool aspect is : the EP is definitely not a Misha-Djenty centered release; each song was written by a different member.
It's not just a collective effort, it's also a good way to discover individual talent.
And, guess what ? there are a lot of complementary talents here.
My ranking would be :
- The Summer Jam : fantastic tune , positive/happy vibe all around; song written by Jake Bowen, that song is poised to be a Periphery Classic
- Pale Aura : cyborg like killing riff, astonishing vocals , song written by Mark Holcomb (should become a Classic too)
- The Parade of Ashes : great vibe, addicting singing, Spencer delivers the best both on the singing and on the writing side. A good introduction to his solo work as well
- Zero / Extraneous : great instrumentals , terrific riff on the second one
- Feed the Ground : solid rock song , great tune written by Matt Halpern
All in all, Spencer singing is wonderful, Misha and Adam 's mixing kicks (as always) and frankly beyond being a very good Periphery release, CLEAR is a great / fresh / positive music EP..... Go for It , you won't be disappointed .