5.0 out of 5 stars Best Shaver in the World!!, 25 May 2011
This review is from: Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Electric Shaver with Cleaning Centre (Personal Care)
I thought I'd wait a few months before writing this - just so that I could speak from some kind of perspective!

Firstly, I am a BLACK CARIBBEAN male! I think that's HIGHLY important to mention in this review because our skin is different! Historically I have had a wet shave using one of those Gillette Mach 3 razors (that you put the AAA battery into - and it vibrates). But I was getting fed up of the inconvenience of this - and the occasional cuts - and wanted something a bit more 'stylistic'. Enter the Braun!

Flip!!! What a shaver - and yes! You can call it the Rolls Royce of shavers; it's expensive but it will blow you away when you use it.

First shave was not bad; not as close as my wet shaves - but then I didn't expect it to be, because the manual said it needs time/you need time for you skin to adjust to this type of shave. But it was good; more than passable. So I stuck with it!

Second shave... Better!

Third shave onwards... Skin felt exactly the same as after a wet shave!!! No joke! This thing shaves as close as a blade - but you need to give your skin time to adjust; I cannot emphasise that enough! And the convenience of shaving fully clothed and whilst rushing (in my case!) cannot be matched. Absolutely superb - and worth every penny. Been using almost 6 months now and haven't been back to a wet shave since - not even once. Now that's saying something!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Dec 2013 09:30:41 GMT
David Rhodes says:
I've heard similar claims about electric razors before and always been disappointed. I've come to accept that the Gillette mach 3 is as good as it gets. However, this review sounds convincing, perhaps it's time to give it another go.
It can't be as good as the mach 3 - can it?

Posted on 2 Jan 2014 11:04:05 GMT
I too am waiting before giving a formal review. I have has several electric shavers that work fantastically at first but the closeness deteriorates. I had a new foil/cutter for my Series 390 (almost 6 years old now) and there was an improvement but could not get excited about it. Then I dropped it and the clean and renew system would not work. I continued using it, washing it under the tap and manually inserting it every now and then into a bath of Braun fluid from the clean and renew system but it continued to give poor results. Do manufacturers deliberately downgrade the steel in the foil/cutter when a new machine appears on the market? Anyway, I took the plunge and went to a 790 and the difference is beyond words. I will review it later but for now it is great. Must add, I got it half price and looking at the spec I cannot tell it apart from the 745, am I missing something? But after a week it is living up to the reviews. Is there a market for an old 390 clean and renew vat?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jan 2014 23:55:47 GMT
The difference between the 745 and the 790 is that the 790 has the battery charge level AND hygiene status on the LCD rather than just the battery indicator. Also, the charging station has a drying feature whereas the 745 does not. Hope that helps!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2014 16:33:25 GMT
I've used both, and when used correctly the 790CC is 90+% as good as a good razor. Not 100%, but the convenience and speed more than make up the difference for a guy like me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›