5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Sony BDPS3100 Smart Wi-Fi Blu-ray Disc Player (Electronics)
Received this just about an hour ago after ordering via Amazon yesterday.

The first things I noticed were just how light it felt in my hand and how neat it looked.

I attached the HDMI cable from the TV to the Disk Player, (it does not come with a HDMI cable so if you don't have one make sure you get one. This is one I ordered: IBRA® 1m High Speed PRO GOLD RED 1.4a HDMI Cable 3D 2160p PS4 SKY HD 4K Ultra HD.

I then plugged it into the mains and pressed the on button.

In first turning it on you are faced with a series of set up screens including connecting the player the Internet via Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi, I opted for Wi-Fi. Once connected to the internet I was informed that there was a software update for the player and I downloaded and installed it in just a few minutes.

Once the set up was complete I was able to watch my Blu Ray and normal DVDs.

The player is vary quiet, and I can't hear the disk spinning or any fans when a disc is playing, however I do hear a slight noise as each chapter of the disc comes into play, like the noise of the lens doing a quick search, but it's literally for a second or less. Other than that there's no noise to disturb your viewing pleasure. The picture and sounds quality are great and I had no issues with getting a DVD to run on it.

The settings screens remind me of the PS3 settings screen as they are vary similar in appearance.

There is also BBC iPlayer on it and a load of other stuff, most of which I'll never use. It's not on your system initially but in one of the options you can download them all, but it seems you can't pick an choose what services to download, they all appear.

Sometimes I find that if I turn the power off with a disc inside, when I turn it back on it doesn't always seem to recognise a disc is there. When I open the tray and close it again it reads the dis. Doesn't happen every time but has happened two or three times in the 4 or 5 weeks I've had it. Doesn't bother me much to be honest.

If you have any questions about this product please feel free to ask me here.

Thank you.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Apr 2014 20:30:22 BDT
T. Bell says:
If I connect an ethernet cable and already have Amazon Lovefilm streaming to my PC, will it be watchable thru this player? Its a bit confusing in your review?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Apr 2014 18:47:24 BDT
Traffic says:
Hi

Sorry, but I am away from home for a few months and so won't be able to check that one for you. Hopefully somebody else who has one will see this and be able to help you.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Apr 2014 18:49:16 BDT
T. Bell says:
Oh dear - you had said 'any questions please feel free to ask'. I will have bought one by the time you get back! Maybe not this one though!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (208 customer reviews)

Out of stock