Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a superb machine!, 4 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Apple MacBook Pro 15 inch Laptop (Quad-Core i7 2.2GHz, RAM 4GB, HDD 500GB Graphics, Radeon HD 6750M SD) (Personal Computers)
This laptop is by far the best thing I've ever owned! I understand why people get annoyed because of the price in comparison with other top brand names. A few years ago I was a complete Mac hater! I never wanted anything to do with Apple because i too thought it was a money machine that drained the customers of all their cash to keep up with the latest gadgets. Last year though, i made the plunge! I'm a musician and gamer, and i wanted something that would really benefit me in these areas (more so for the music though). Since buying this machine, I haven't looked back. I can't believe how fast and smooth this laptop is. Apple really have made something that works so well in the users hands. At first it takes a LOT of getting used to, especially coming from Windows, you'll find that sometimes you get frustrated, but surely that will only last for a limited time, because the more you get used to the layout of Mac OS X, the easier it gets (obviously). I love the little details on it too, for instance, you don't have to clog your desktop up with a million and one folders, but it has this nifty little platform at the bottom where you can place all your preferred applications and what not (I understand you can also do this on Windows.) The graphics processor is also fantastic! It has incredible detail and it's also very powerful. They keyboard layout is easy and quick, when it comes to turning volume up, down, fast forwarding etc. It's so great how user friendly this thing is!
What's also great about Mac is if you still have programs or things you use in Windows that can't really be used on Mac (though you could purchase the 'Crossover' application) you can create a Windows partition, which basically means that you can have Windows 7 (as i have) on your mac! I don't use the windows partition so much, but it REALLY comes in handy when you want to do a few bits and bobs with the windows program (i also prefer partition as oppose to running Windows next to OS X in parallel mode, because in parallel, it runs not even at half the speed, it takes up too much ram to run as smoothly as you like). Even some of the Apps on this machine are awesome. GarageBand for instance, is such a simple music creation application. I've been writing and recording music for over 10 years now and used many different programs and packages, but GarageBand is by far the easiest and simplest to use. I've never found myself wanting anything else since using it. Anything I need to do, GarageBand usually provides me with the service (Though i'll probably move to Logic soon to keep up with the youngsters).
All in all, this is a great laptop. You can set up the desktop however you please, you can make things so user friendly it's sick! It's a really beautiful machine and i'm so glad i left my 'Apple Hater' days behind me. If you're considering buying this machine, i'd say go for it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Mar 2012 11:10:41 GMT
ceejay says:
Thanks for this helpful review - it has helped me make my mind up to go for it - will be new to a mac (PC user) but really looking forward to it.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2012 12:09:53 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Apr 2012 12:10:33 BDT
By Shaz says:
Well how are you getting on with the apple , I am 74 years old and wondering should I take a bit of the apple! I need a new computer but what one? Windows, Apple, 15" or 13.5"

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2012 12:35:59 BDT
ceejay says:
Definitely won't be disappointed in an Apple Mac - takes a little getting used to at first, it's just a bit different, but once you are over the familiarity stage, you won't look back - it's so user friendly and easy to use - I'm loving my MacBook. Only draw back, is they are more expensive, so if you can afford it, go for it - otherwise windows will be kinder on the bank balance.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2012 19:05:43 BDT
Dan-James says:
Really well. I've had it for almost 3-4 months now and even now I am so happy with this machine. I'm still discovering new and useful things about this mac that just astound me. Even the touchpad is incredible in regards to what you can do with it. Love this machine. Don't regret buying it at all :). I'd highly recommend the 15" Apple. It's a great size, especially if you'd like to watch movies etc. on it. 13" is a little too small in my opinion. I've used Windows for the last 11 years, but since using Apple, I wouldn't bother going back now.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 15:30:29 BDT
By Shaz says:
Thanks! I have been told that I would NOT need a virus checker with Apple Mac is that right

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Apr 2012 15:43:13 BDT
ceejay says:
No you won't. As Apple make both the hardware and software they have it all buttoned down very tight with their own built in security systems, so no worries on that score.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 18:18:26 BDT
Dan-James says:
ceejay is right. no virus program needed. I have many friends who have macs for years and never needed one.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2012 18:21:27 BDT
By Shaz says:
Thanks for all of your help, I will get one soon maybe next month

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2012 19:06:29 BDT
ceejay says:
You might just want to wait a little - roumours are circulating that Apple are bringing out a new improved MacBook Pro 15 in the summer / Autumn - apparently it is going to be styled along the lines of the 'air' and will have probably have a retina display screen, like the new iPad gen 3. If you're not in a hurry, I'd maybe wait a bit - or even if you're not bothered about the new version, I'd still be patient, the current model might just drop in price. As said, all roumours at the moment, but these guys are usually right. Source of roumours web based site called "Cult of Mac" they're also on twitter as @cultofmac - but whenever you decide to do, enjoy your Mac when you get it, you won't be disappointed.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 10:50:13 BDT
By Shaz says:
Thanks for info I will wait and see!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›