74 of 82 people found the following review helpful
Great TV With fantastic features for a reasonable price.,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: LG 42LM620T 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED Cinema 3D Smart TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)
I brought this TV a month ago. Still getting used to its features. So far It has being a Fantastic TV. Picture quality is superb. Would give 9/10 for a LED TV. Build in Freeview HD, gives you picture perfect images for all HD channels.
* Fantastic picture Quality for all HD content types, ( 1080p FULLHD Movies, Freeview Channels)
* Good picture quality for 720p Video files and for non HD freeview channels.
* Believe me, the 3D movie playback in this TV is fantastic, No flickering, good colors and perfect
brightness level. You also have the options to change the settings that suits you, but the standard
settings is enough for me though.
* Sound quality is also nothing to worry about. Even though it's 10W x 10W speakers, it gives
you good sound and bass for a TV.
* Easy Setup of the TV out from the box.
* SmartShare, LG Apps is so easy to navigate through, and internet browsing capabilities also
* Power consumption is really good and doesn't get much heated the unit. With the Intelligent Sensor and Energy saving Option,you will get the best picture setting suitable for the environment of your room or living room.
* Need to buy the LG Dongle for WiFi Access.
* Need to buy the LG Magic Remote. ( This would make easy to browse internet and other SMART Functionalists as well as general navigation.)
* Need a good antenna reception for all the channels to work, If you don't have good reception, better upgrade your arial (If Indoor antenna, a powerful unit is highly recommended)
There isn't much Cons i found with this TV yet, because it gives what you need and beyond from a SMART TV.
The bottom line is, i would recommend this TV to anyone who is looking for reasonably priced, SMART (Passive)3DTV with Freeview HD, go for this one.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Nov 2012 16:38:14 GMT
Mr. P. Stubbs says:
Excellent review, I bought one of these 2 weeks ago and I agree with all your points, and yes the 3D is fantastic!It's a great TV for the price.
Posted on 15 Nov 2012 13:51:14 GMT
Mr. C. Green says:
"* Need to buy the LG Magic Remote. ( This would make easy to browse internet and other SMART Functionalists as well as general navigation.)"
I was messing around with a friend's LG Smart TV a couple of days back and we found to our delight that a wireless remote USB keyboard spare from a PC worked just fine, as did a mouse. Therefore it follows that a keyboard/mousepad combo would also work. There are some nice compact ones out there, look up RII brand here or on e-bay for about £17. Likewise, if you've got your TV as part of your home network, then the free LG smart phone app (I've got an Android phone) also allows you much better placement of the cursor than the normal remote does.
Posted on 17 Jan 2013 03:39:31 GMT
Mr. Allan Mercer says:
You do not need to buy the LG dongle it just connects via your modem at least mine does it is 2012 55lg 640t and all is available .Only down side is ok button is to close to other functions and is easy to knock off when using cursor
Posted on 15 Feb 2013 10:33:58 GMT
Also LG have now got a free app on android which works really well as a track ball, volume channels etc, gave me loads of fun messing around with the missus she thought the new telly was defective until she found out it was me changing her soaps to Top Gear...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›