196 of 236 people found the following review helpful
Great but with very minor practical flaws
, 14 May 2011
This review is from: Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 16GB USB Flash Drive - Black (Personal Computers)
To be honest, as long as you can find a way to attach it to wherever you want to (if you want to attach it to anything), there is not really enough reason to not buy one of these. However, it is a real shame to have given this 4 stars to be honest, so I will cover the negative/s first:
- Main problem is really that the attachment hole is very small e.g. for if you want to attach it to keys, clothing etc. It will only take very fine guage string (potentially not very strong). It could do with either being bigger or being supplied with decent string (the kind you get with phone...dangling things!).
- I am still skeptical about the durability of the central swivel part, although it does seem much sturdier than any memory stick of the kind I have had.
- It seemed a little uncertain/slow at reading data at first, but that seems to have long stopped.
The the positives:
- Near the best value memory stick I have bought (for the build, the look, the feel and the capacity)...and I get through a lot of memory sticks.
- It seems (and has so far after a couple of weeks) like it could resist quite alot of rough treatment or a long time of moderate use.
- The materials and the general build are very reasurring and sturdy.
- Good read and write speeds, especially for the size.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?