Orchidee Imperiale - The cream of youth and beauty,
This review is from: Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Exceptional Complete Care Rich Cream - 50ml/1.7oz (Personal Care)I love to look after my skin, after all it's a constant throughout our lives and we cannot swap it for another. I started my skincare journey with Nivea and Dove skincare creams and moved onto Clinique when I turned 18.
In my early twenties I was diagnosed with a chronic long-term health condition that left me having to take huge amounts of medication daily. This quickly took its toll on my skin and it seemed that overnight I had gotten white hairs and wrinkles; I had discoloured skin on my forehead and around my left eye which never went away even after pregnancy.
Suddenly I found that Clinique just wasn't cutting it. I grumbled and moaned about my skin as I was trying everything. Massage, scrubs, creams, lotions and potions. I tried many big name brands and was left deflated when they never achieved what they were promising.
Last year my husband and I went shopping for Christmas presents and we ended up in House of Fraser. I noticed the beautiful Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Complete care cream and was allowed to test a small amount on the back of my hand. I loved it straight away but knew there was no way I would have this as it carried a hefty price tag of £225. This was hugely expensive in comparison to my other skincare creams.
About two days later my husband said to me to just get the cream as an early Christmas present. I searched online and found it for £180 including delivery on Ebay and it arrived about one week later. The first thing I noticed about this cream was the beautiful bottle. It looks like a small spaceship in my opinion with the metallic light gold lid. It has 'Orchidee Imperiale' engraved into the lid and the bottle itself is a thick clear glass with a deep purple set into it.
The cream has a light floral scent and isn't overpowering which I liked as I have never been keen on walking around with heavy scent on my face. Here's what I noticed when using the cream;
* It wasn't greasy on the skin.
* It left my skin nourished, moisturised and healthy looking all day until I re-applied later that night.
* My eye around looked perkier and less bag like. I never noticed the fine lines as much as prior to using this cream.
* My face looked as though it has lost weight in a good way. My skin didn't feel as though it was sagging in certain areas, especially around the lower neck and at the throat area.
* My skin looked more radiant. I didn't have to rely on foundations or concealers while using this cream.
* My skin didn't break out in pimples and spots.
* My cheek bones looked more defined.
* My discoloured skin faded around my left eye and improved around my forehead within 8 weeks of using this cream.
* After five months of use my forehead discolouration has faded so that is was barely noticeable.
* Friends commented on me looking better but couldn't put their finger on what had changed. They said I looked happier, healthier and glowing.
* I felt more like someone of my own age rather than a young lady trapped in an older woman's skin.
Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Exceptional cream focuses on 10 years' worth of research on the Orchid flower, and its natural ability to 'turn back cellular time'. In mythodology the Orchid flower is the flower of 'beauty and eternal youth'. The Orchidee Imperiale cream uses these properties to;
*Give the skin strength and restores density.
*Contours and redefined skin.
*Smooth the appearance of wrinkles.
*The skin's texture is redefined
*Skin is moisturised and deeply nourished.
*Skin is left radiant
*Replenishes deep down into the skin leaving skin feeling comfortable.
*Recovers back the skin's life and youth.
The cream works day after offering these benefit and you can really feel the benefits within 48 hours in my opinion. Skin is left feeling hydrated and velvety and smooth and is the only cream that I have found to deliver the results it promises.
I love, love, love this cream and everything it does. I did notice results within days and the longer it was used the better my skin looked. I purchased the 50ml and although it's not a huge size, you only need a tiny amount of skin to moisturise the face and neck area.
It glides onto the skin with ease and instantly offers relief from tight skin. I have combination skin especially around my T Zone where it can get really greasy however the Orchidee Imperiale worked with the skin as though it knew where to offer larger amount of moisture.
I never broke out in pimples and spots with this cream which really was a bonus and one application in the morning really did last all day. I also never had to wear as much make up as my skin looked healthy, even coloured and radiant.
Although this cream carries a hefty price tag I feel it is an investment and if you can afford to purchase this then do so.
Most definitely five out of five stars.
Summary: Orchidee Imperiale - The cream of youth and beauty