1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
Great, but not quite perfect.,
This review is from: Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I received this game yesterday, when estimated, from a site that never lets me down.
When I first played the game, I couldn't believe how much better it was compared to 'Rugby World Cup 2011', which in my opinion, is a poor game, but it is good fun.
I enjoy most aspects of this game, apart from 10 frustrating areas, and they are (my review is based on playing exhibition matches, as I'm getting used to playing it first, before doing cups and career mode):
1. Erratic passing, you get too many misplaced passes, during a game.
2. I don't like the way you switch players, when you don't have the ball, it makes defending, very hard, I'd prefer it if you just pressed one button and it automatically put you on the nearest player to the ball.
3. The licencing is annoying, but I realise it unfortunately can't be helped.
4. Too many offloads, it's very hard to go on runs.
5. Having no Heineken Cup, is also quite frustrating.
6. A few graphical errors, like when they knock on the ball doesn't even seem to touch them.
7. The unlicensed and lack of stadiums, is quite frustrating.
8. Your kicks don't always go where you say, especially when kicking for goal.
9. When you commit a high tackle, you don't get a yellow card, but the opposition do when they commit one, and I think that's unrealistic.
10. When scoring a try, the try scorer when doing so, trips up and stick the ball down, even when nobody is near him, which looks unrealistic, I think.
Apart from 10 frustrating areas, none of them being serious areas of frustration, to put me off playing it, or recommending it. I really like the game, and I would recommend it to any rugby union fan, as it is by far the best rugby game I've ever played.