5.0 out of 5 stars Best tablet I've used, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Apple Silver IPAD AIR WI-FI 16GB MD788FD/A 16 GB 9.7 -inch LCD (Personal Computers)
Length:: 5:48 Mins

Unit reviewed: iPad Air, Wifi, 16GB

Firstly, sorry for the low quality video, Amazon only allow 100MB videos to be uploaded so I had to reduce the quality to fit everything in.

I'm not an Apple user, this is the first Apple product I've bought/used. I've been really impressed with how fast this works compared to my old tablet. Setup took a while, as a new user I had to setup an Apple ID, but it was a simple process that only needs to be done once.

Overall design is very nice, it's fairly light with a thin bezel around the screen.

Browsing the internet is rapid, especially with it connecting to my Virgin 60MB internet connection, there is almost no delay in loading web pages or app info (such as Amazon searches) as you can see in the video.

As an Android/Windows user I normally plug the device into the PC and can then drag and drop my files over. I found I couldn't do that with the iPad, I had to use iTunes to transfer files. On reflection I can see why Apple do this, it likely makes it much simpler for new users.

The lack of SD card could also be a problem for some who don't want to splash out on models with bigger storage space, but as this iPad will be used with a lot of cloud services (e.g. Netflix for films or Google+ for viewing photos) I don't think this will be a big problem for us.

The apps are brilliant, designed for the iPad and they work really easily. I've found apps such as Amazon, eBay and Ocardo to all be much better on the iPad than on my Android devices.

Games also look good and are silky smooth, there is no juddering or slow loading times. The tablet integrates really well with the various social media accounts and email accounts, something that was a worry coming from an Android device background.

Overall this is the best tablet I've used to date. It's fast, looks good and gives you so many possibilities via the app store.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Feb 2014 10:49:51 GMT
John Ryan says:
Hi there, good to see you reviewing the iPad! (Been to your web site a few times). I know what you mean about the lack of SD. Of course, this is becoming less important now there's lots of WIFI storage options available, from the massive 1Tb Seagate 1TB Wireless Plus Mobile Device Storage to the much smaller Kingston Technology MLW221 Mobilelite Wireless Reader.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Feb 2014 08:36:30 GMT
Thanks for taking a peak at the site. I try and keep it updated as often as I can but the best best is to like it on Facebook or follow on Twitter and then you'll automatically get notified when I add something new. I generally tend to agree that for most people the lack of SD won't be that much of a problem, but it's something that certainly needs highlighting for those who just want to have loads of items on the iPad without having to worry about quickly running out of space or having to carry around a second device such as the 2 you've mentioned.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›