1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless as sunglasses, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Women's Reading Sunglasses - Rino Brown Tortoiseshell +1.50 - 100% UVA & UVB Protection - Includes FREE Carry Pouch (Personal Care)
When these arrived, I thought they were clear lenses at first; after investigating by holding them up to various lights, I could see that they were lightly tinted, but nothing like the darker brown in the photograph. As reading glasses, they did the job, but were far too expensive as the quality wasn't that great - you can pick up similar quality reading glasses for a couple of pounds in places like Primark.
I complained, explaining that they were advertised as sunglasses and the very light tint on the lenses would not enable me to read anything in sunlight, and the company told me to send them back for a refund.
I duly got a refund for the sunglasses, but as I'd already paid for the postage for receiving them, and then the postage for returning them, this meant that I was out of pocket by 5.10.
I tried pointing this out to the company - I know that it is usually policy for the customer to bear the cost of postage when returning goods, but as this particular product infringed Trade Description by not actually looking anything like the advertising photograph, I felt that it would have been in the interests of good customer relations to refund me my extra 5.10. Unfortunately, the company hasn't bother replying to my second email. Which doesn't altogether surprise me, sadly.
Some of the other reading sunglasses offered by this company are fine - my husband bought some black ones which really do stop the glare - but don't waste your time and money on this particular pair.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]