5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 24 Sep 2010
This review is from: HDMI Cable & Audio Adapter for Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This *does* include the 'OPTICAL RCA ADAPTER', which allowed me to hook up my Sharkoon Digital Headset (5.1 surround sound).

I ordered the HDMI AV Cable from Amazon but it did not include the adapter (I left feedback stating this). I returned it and ordered from another company and the was incorrect too (same cable Amazon sent me). In the end I took a chance and ordered this one. It was quite a bit cheaper than what I was expecting and this made me dubious, fortunately what turned up was exactly as shown.

The adapter is quite stiff and needs a bit of a push to get it to sit properly. Be careful. It also does not leave much room above the HDMI connector so you need one that has quite a thin plug (Amzon's basics are probably too thick). I hooked my xbox up to my monitor via a 1m HDMI to DVI Cable (xbox HDMI to the monitor's DVI-D). Perfect picture, and perfect sound.

Very happy.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Sep 2010 21:51:10 BDT
I purchased this to use on Xbox 360 Elite but on plugging in HDMI cable & this adaptor at the same time, which is the idea, there is no output picture or soundwise from either HDMI or component, it seems my post Sept09 Elite doesnt support this option unless I am being totally thick!?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Nov 2010 12:44:18 GMT
Philip S says:
No picture is odd and that seems to rule out a few other things it could be. At a guess: the two plugs are very close together and they could be pushing on each other apart and breaking the connection, or stopping them from clicking into place properly. Seems a bit of a art getting them both properly plugged in as HDMI plug plastic grip seem quite bulky. I would have thought the HDMI cable that came with this would be specially designed to fit.

I did not use the HDMI that came with it (see my post: I hooked it up to my monitor via an HDMI to DVI cable). Even though it not a full HDMI cable, it has a HDMI connector at the Xbox end, and it was far too snug for my liking. To get around this I use a 'Cablesson® Right-Angle 90 Degree HDMI Adapter - Black' which solved the problem for me. I have an open drop behind my Xbox so the cable can hang straight down (it might be a problem if the Xbox is on a flat surface, I not sure how bendy the HDMI cable is). I don't know if this helps any, perhaps you should contact Xbox support first and see what they say?

The lack of picture makes me think the above. However on the off chance it's something else, or you've already solved some of it: Once the adapter is plugged in properly than *only* the connectors on the RCA adapter will work (no sound should come through the HDMI). If you have a TV with HDMI connection you can hook up just the HDMI cable (no adapter) and the sound will come out of the TV via the HDMI.

Once the RCA adapter is plugged in you only have two choices: stereo via the two regular phono-plugs, or the special TOSlink (S/PDIF) for optical 5.1 output (which you have to set to 5.1 within Xbox settings). You need gear that can handle the optical output (like Sharkoon 5.1 digital headphones) to make use of this option.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (334 customer reviews)

Reviewer