5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than expected, 5 Jun 2010
This review is from: MacBook Pro 13inch 2.4GHz (Intel Core 2 Duo, 4Gb RAM, 250Gb HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics, SD card slot, up to 10 hour battery life) (Electronics)
I'm not new to Mac's, in fact this is probably my 6th or 7th and it is by far the most exciting i've ever owned.

Being a graphic designer I was after a Mac I could use on the train or weekends away when I can't access a computer. I was wondering if I should spend another £500 to get the 15" version as 13.3" seemed a little small to actually work on. I made the right choice, this is actually perfect... the resolution and clarity of the screen make it easy to use the popular design software packages and it actually seems like I'm at my desk at work where I'm used to 24"! Plus it fits in my bag.

The second worry I had was the core 2 duo instead of something faster, but I have to say it really doesn't matter... it's really fast at pretty much everything. Fro example the most popular professional image editing software (you know which one I mean) opens in under 3 seconds!

The quality of the Macbook Pro is nothing short of outstanding, the aluminium body is a tactile joy to hold, in fact you keep finding excuses to use it.

The price does seem high in comparison to "other" laptops... but once you use a MacBook, not to mention Mac OSX, you'll soon realise there are laptops, and then there are laptops. This is the latter. Shear class, you always pay for what you get.

If you're considering a Mac over a PC, dont even blink, just do it. Some people say, "but a PC does the same thing for less"... not when you look at the parts, pound for pound you still get what you pay for. For example a Subaru does the same thing as an Aston Martin, but I know which one I'd have.MacBook Pro 13inch 2.4GHz (Intel Core 2 Duo, 4Gb RAM, 250Gb HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics, SD card slot, up to 10 hour battery life)

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]