1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Great chart for any astronomer.,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Sky & Telescope's Pocket Sky Atlas (Spiral-bound)
I think this must really be the best star map i have ever owned and i would higly reccomend this book to anyone who not only uses a telescope but also for anyone who may like using binoculars or even just looking up at the night sky. It is equipted with around 80 star charts of every constellation known. It also has close up charts of well known objects in the night sky including the orion nebula. It is also very small and can fit into a backpack It has a great key showing thousands of objects that can be seen with any telescopeor binoculars of any size. The charts are of great quality with laminated pages and it also folds out as it is wire bound so it will easily fold. The chart shows objects such as large/small nebula clouds, small/large planetry nebula, small/large clusters and open clusters, stars and double stars, large/small galaxies and galaxy clusters, shows constellations and constellation lines(thousands of objects).
- shows thousands of objects.
- great quality charts.
- chart key repeated on regular intervals.
- easily folds out(wire bound).
- used with any sized telescope.
- charts are very accurate and there are many
- small can fit into a backpack, glove box.
- dont know how the pages hold out to dew.
- Would be better if it maybe had a page or
2 on the location of planets.
- That is all.