28 of 40 people found the following review helpful
Ineffective and boring,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: The Tracy Anderson Method Presents Post-Pregnancy Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD 6 weeks after my daughter was born in order to help start my return to fitness.
The workout has three parts - abs, legs and arms - but the vast majority of it is ab work. I was pretty fit and a bit of a gym bunny before pregnancy but still found the abs section tough the first few times (which was good - I wanted something a bit challenging, since I was desperate to be able to exercise again!), although it got achievable fairly quickly. I sold my copy on though within a month since I think the workout has a number of huge flaws:
1) It's BORING. Lots and lots of repetitions of the same move over and over - 20x one thing, 30x another etc etc. I appreciate that repetitive motion is necessary for training muscles but there must be some way of doing it which isn't quite so dull....
2) It's way too abs heavy - sure, my tummy is my biggest problem area at the moment, but it's called a 'Post-Pregnancy Workout' so should provide much more all-over conditioning.
3) It just didn't work. I did the workout almost every day for a fortnight and didn't really see any change. I'm now just doing crunches (rather than the complicated stuff on the DVD) and getting much better results!
4) There's very limited instruction. She just does the exercises without explaining how - not only could this be dangerous but it's also annoying when you have to get up from lying on the floor to see what you're meant to be doing...
5) The classical music. Yes, she wanted to be a ballet dancer, but it's just a bit affected. Plus the exercises aren't done in time to the music which is really annoying.
All in all I was really disappointed with this workout...