5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer!, 25 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Epson Stylus Px730Wd All-In-One Printer with High Speed Wifi and Double Side Printing (Print, Copy, Scan and Screen) (Accessory)
Bought this printer to replace my HP printer as it started to have some problems. I have had Epson printers in the past and haven't had problems.
The Epson PX730WD is a great printer it was so simply and quick to set up and the quality of the printing is fantastic and a plus side to the printer is that it prints double sided. It does everything my old printer did and more. It also looks great and smart. I tested the printer out and I printed photos and the quality of the print was excellent. It also has features on the printer to crop your photos and enhance the photo.
Really glad I bought it and I would recommend this printer to any one else who is looking for a great printer that prints really good quality photos.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Oct 2011 17:54:47 BDT
I'm seriously thinking about buying this printer. Can you print cd/dvd discs with it?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Oct 2011 13:23:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Oct 2011 14:23:25 BDT
T. R. Bevan says:
Paul. I am about to buy one too. According to the Epson Brochure, "Paper is neatly stored away in the PX730WD's front-loading dual paper trays,
offering easy access. Additionally swapping between photo and A4 printing
is made easier, as the correct paper tray is automatically selected during the
printing process. The fast print speeds and double sided document printing also
makes this an efficient printer for around the home. Thanks to the ability to print
directly onto suitable CD and DVDs, users can personalise family films and digital
photo albums to create the ideal gift."

Hope that helps

PS Just bought it at johnlewis.co.uk for £129.00 and collect at local store or free delivery

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Oct 2011 21:16:02 BDT
Thanks for that, most helpful- i've just ordered one :)

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2011 18:13:54 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Nov 2011 18:15:59 GMT
onlyme120 says:
Did you also look at / compare the Cannon Pixmania MG6250 ? I am evaluating both right now, Cannon has higher rez scanner, slighly improved text and photo printing and smaller footprint.

How is the text output on the Epson?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2011 19:16:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Nov 2011 19:58:56 GMT
Hello 'onlyme' and Paul.

No, I didn't extend my research as far as Canon, simply because I go back to the early days of the Epson FX80 and my loyalty to Epson is unwavering.

The CD/DVD printing looks impressive with a drawer which slides out by pressing the eject button. This makes it easy to place a printable disc onto the 'platten' and press the button again to un-eject and print anything onto it.

What was impressive were features which were not in the list of benefits and were pleasant surprises. For example, simply register your printer and 'Christen' it with its own personal eMail address (like my_printer@print.epsonconnect.com) and it will automatically print any eMail sent to it together with any attached file; document, pdf, or picture etc. ideal if you set yourself up as a bureau for print services.

Two sided printing has got to be an essential in this enviromentally aware world so I'm looking forward to trying that. The 'foot-print' is therefore enlarged by the rear 'turnover rollover' mechanism.

i've done a lot of scanning of old family pictures just lately and the scanner offers high quality.

Six print cartridge design is not new but it's a first for me and is a plus when quality printing of photos. I gather it includes B&W and Colour enhancing software straight from SD Card and without a computer attached. Untried by be though.

Buy one, you'll be impressed... Trevor

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2011 22:00:01 GMT
onlyme120 says:
Thanks that was very useful. I just bought one and will recieve it in next 12 hours. will post back what I find. I am moving from HP to Epson printers on the recommendation of two friends. Important features for me are scanning pics and moderate text printing for kids homework. I don't really print pics anymore and use a HP laserjet for heavy text printing, inkjet for occassional colour docs.
One thing that bugged me was the price hike from this printer PX730 to PX830. They both have same print heads, but the 830 offered a few features I would have liked to match my old HP, like a doc feeder, but the 100 price diff for that wasn't worth it. Ink prices are great. My HP was costing 10 per cartrige, this will cost 3 (remanufactured cartriges, not original). Looking forward to trying an Epson. I got mine from a well known department store, offering 2 yr guarantee and noticed Epson now offering 2 free flight in Europe if you but this printer, which will be nice !

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2011 23:53:22 GMT
T. R. Bevan says:
I wonder if the well known department store was John Lewis? What was that about two European Flights... how do I get that?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Nov 2011 17:26:22 GMT
onlyme120 says:
Yes store is John Lewis, they ofer an additional one year guarantee (total 2yrs) which is wothwhile given relative fragility and blocking issues of print heads when using non OEM ink as I intend to do (because they cost 3 pounds as opposed to 10 pounds from Epson - reccomend Internet Ink). Their price was 129. From 1 Nov Epson offering 1 free flight (check their site) if you but this printer and one more flight if you also buy a triple ink pack at same time (I didn't do that as JL don't stock them).
Recieved printer today. First impressions good. Pity about the Duplexer at the back adding 30% to overall depth of printer, text printing OK, not the best, with some bleeding on edges, but still pretty good. Apple Air Print is terrific, I've used that several times today already with my Ipad. Wireless set-up was a breeze as it should be. Installing drivers (via Windows 7) on several laptops was easy, haven't installed Epson software on main familly PC yet. But the fact I have used the printer from the box on several laptops and Ipad in less than 30 mins (probably more like 15 mins) speaks for itself. Also, really like the touch-pad, very well thought out, Will post a full review once I have used scanner etc but thanks again for taking the time to respond to pre-purchase questions. JL deliver and service was, as always perfect. I would have bought from Amazon otherwise, but only 1yr guarantee for the same price.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Nov 2011 17:37:24 GMT
T. R. Bevan says:
Not sure that we should be promoting JLP on Amazon but I take the blame. Nice summary of first impressions. I agree on Wi Fi set up of first PC then all additional Lap-tops in the household.

I git mine end Oct at 129 from JL On-Line but no mention of 2 year warantee.

Great review.. thanks... Trevor

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2011 16:09:31 GMT
N. Short says:
Thanks to all for recommendation.Wanted to purchase this all in one printer from JL Online but the price shows at £259 and no sign of a two year guarantee!!!! Amazon seems the best price at £125!!!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›