19 of 24 people found the following review helpful
Fun game, but.....,
This review is from: Forza Horizon (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Forza horizon is a great game, but there's a huge but and so no one has mentioned it. You can finish the game in just a few days, if you've got time enough, you could even finish it in one day. By that time, you've driven all the roads, done all of the events and seen all there is to see in this game.
The good points the game:
- The cars drive well, good handling and roads are great to drive on.
- The game looks good, but not great.
- Great variety. Races, drifting, off road, special events and much more.
- Can be played as a beginner, but also is for the seasoned drivers, lot's of settings to choose from.
- The races are fun, playing the game is fun.
The less good points:
- The physics can be dodgy at times, especially in multiplayer.
- The graphics lack detail. Every looks good from a distance, but close up it's not that good.
- Multiplayer is seperate from the single player. It feels like an afterthought.
- The cut scenes are mediocre.
The bad points:
- Everything in the game is too little, too less, the game is very short.
- The map is very small, you can drive all of the roads in less then an hour.
- Not too many cars in the game and some brands are over represented, while others lack.
- No real open world, just open road. There are either fences besides the roads or invicible walls.
- The world has huge open space, you cannot get too. This game could have had at least double the amount of roads it does have.
The really bad bad bad points......
- The game was advertised and promoted as a game with a huge, giant, massive open world. If you see it, you can drive there. The developers claimed hundreds and hundreds of miles of road, hundreds of events and a couple of hundred cars. None of this is in the game..... and that is a real shame.
So, it's not a bad game at all, but it isn't great either. It's fun to play, but by the time you're really having fun, you realize the game is over.
Tracked by 2 customers
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Oct 2012 10:29:08 GMT
I've only played the demo but I was immediately put off by the "invisible walls" when you try to go too far off-road, kills any sense of realism and prevents the fun I usually get from exploring and discovering hidden areas/features etc. I shall only buy this when it's heavily reduced as a result!
Posted on 8 Dec 2012 11:16:22 GMT
Mike K says:
Thanks for your review, answered my questions and confirmed my concerns. Will wait for it to be cheap as chips before purchasing.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›