5.0 out of 5 stars LIKE USING A NEW SHAVER EVERYTIME!, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Braun Series 7 745 Pulsonic Pro-System Electric Rechargeable Foil Shaver with Clean and Renew Charger (Personal Care)
My previous Panasonic ES7101S512 Triple Blade Men's Wet and Dry Shaver Silver, never really shaved as close as I wanted and expected. And it's cheaper to replace the entire razor than replacing the cutter and foils.

Having read many reviews on various shavers, I decided on this one. The Braun Series 7 745. What an amazing shaver. It knocks spots off my old Panasonic. They say you get what you pay for! The Braun gives a true close shave, contours to every angle at ease, and the locking switch for shaving under the nose is ideal, although a little tricky to get used to operating the switch control. It's very soothing when in use, almost like a face massage.

I use the Clean and Renew Charger after each daily shave, and it's like using a new shaver each time I shave. The Cleaning Cartridges are supposed to last anything from 4 - 6 weeks. I'm testing this out and will update just how long I get out one cartridge by daily cleaning. It's a clever device as it analyzes how much of a clean, if any, it needs once inserted into the Charger Unit. It's a little noisy when it starts cleaning, but that doesn't last long, and at least it let's you know it's doing the job right! It charges and cleans.

I've tried it with both wet and dry shaving, and although I always used a wet shave, I prefer the dry with this Braun as it is so reassuringly smooth and leaves no shaving rash or cuts!

It's very comfortable to hold. Easy to use. Stylish. A little more than I had expected to pay for a reliable shaver, but very pleased I bought the Braun Series 7 745 Electric Rechargeable Foil Shaver with Clean & Renew Charger (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) Thumbs up all round!

UPDATE 14th January 2013

As promised I'm adding my latest views on this product since purchase.
Still 5 stars!
The cleaning cartridge survived 44 daily cleans before it needed changing. It performed as described by letting me know when it was running down and finally when it needed to be replaced. You will see when removing the old cartridge, how well the cleaning process is with all the residue remaining!

I did a quick calculation, which may prove helpful, with regards to running costs of this shaver. Assuming today's cartridge prices and foil/cutter replaced annually if necessary, calculates as follows;

Replacement foil and cutter around 25.00 (once a year)
Cleaning cartridge around 3.91 each (less if on a subscription about 3.52)
Based on my cartridge performing
44 cleans = 8.88p per day = per week = 0.62p p/a = 32.43
Combined running costs = 57.43 a year - 1.10 a week - 15.7p a day

If cartridges purchased on regular subscription =
8p per day = 56p a week = p/a = 29.20
Combined running costs = 54.20 a year - 1.04 a week - 14.8p a day

The shaver still feels as good as new and gives the best shave I've ever had with any other shaver. Knocks spots of buying single razers!

[Add comment]