ARRAY(0xbbe622a0)

2.0 out of 5 stars A big disappointment, 17 Feb 2009
This review is from: Anastasia (Ringing Cedars Series, Book 1) (Paperback)
After all the hype surrounding this book, I was really looking forward to reading it, as Russia and spiritual matters are particular interests of mine. It seemed like a perfect combination. However, Anastasia has succeeded in doing what I thought impossible - making most other New Age writings seem sensible and rational!

For a start, I find it very difficult to believe in the existence of the eponymous heroine. She is simply too beautiful, too all-knowing, possessed of unbelievable spiritual powers and just too perfect all round. And she runs around naked in the Siberian winter, playing with wolves and bears and living off nothing but nuts and mushrooms brought to her by obliging squirrels. Why on earth would such an exalted being have a child with with the oafish author?

I also find her insistence that the human race ("Man") is the highest creation of the universe and that no more intelligent life exists elsewhere, debatable to say the least. If that's the case, God help the universe!

And as for the "dark forces" that allegedly keep the human race in subjection, I think we need look no further than the murky depths of human nature itself, rather than blaming some malign outside agency.

As just one example of some of the more laughable ideas in this book, Anastasia claims that UFOs are merely some type of fungus, and that the inhabitants are (of course) less intelligent than humans. This must be hilarious to anyone who has actually studied the subject.

So, one for the fluffy bunny brigade and those who Want to Believe - serious spiritual seekers keep away!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jul 2009 15:48:58 BDT
Eric John says:
That is an interesting bit, thank you. If she were so informed, she would know that Homosapiens are far from the most intelligent race in the Universe. Could she have been referring to a sort of consciousness intelligence rather than intellectual prowess?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Dec 2009 14:07:00 GMT
There is always one...one who casts stones, in this case. Oh well, every one is entitled to his opinion. I just wish you were less worn out by doubt and years of skepticism and that there was still some of the child in you left alive to see what she is actually saying to us. It is the single most important piece of information that has ever surfaced for us to read. And it comes from a woman far too pure for you to even contemplate to judge or criticize in any way, shape or form. But I am pretty sure that the nay sayers will never be able to pull the wool over peoples eyes. The Light Warriors will get the message and read the book, despite the bad review.

To all people reading this comment, I believe littlebug has failed miserably at one of Life's biggest test: that of seeing the truth, when one big chunk of it hits him straight in the face. I hope there is still a little chink in that armor you have built around yourself bro, so that the light may one day get through to your heart. Peace...

Posted on 29 Jan 2011 19:49:20 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Jan 2011 20:12:56 GMT
Castaneda says:
Littlebug, you bring out some interesting questions/doubts, but there is some information/books available that might adjust your perception. I myself have experienced many times that my opinions were corrected by information/books/websites just a few weeks/months ahead. Time and time again this happened and when you read more advanced Beings they tell you the Learning process is Infinite, so these corrections may be happening indefinitely.

Your view of Anastasia being too beautiful might be changed by books as: Mucusless diet healing system - Arnold Ehret, Primitive man and his food - Arnold de Vries, Nutrition and physical degeneration - Weston A. Price. These books will show a wide variation in beauty related just to our diets, and relate stories/meatings with people far more beautiful, healthier than we could imagine because of the society we live in today.

I'm not saying the Anastasia story is True or Not True, I don't know, but there are great books available that might shine a different light on our opinions.

Running around in the Siberian Winter might seem farfetched but there are multiple cases that show us a possibility. And does the book state that Anastasia is roaming outside naked the entire Siberian Winter, all the time, how long etc. etc.? I don't remember reading any specifics and think that we can interpret 'Anastasia running around naked in the Siberian winter' in many ways.
Wim Hof (the iceman) is a Dutchman who holds a few records of surviving extreme cold without clothing, several Yogi's have been mentioned walking over Himalaya peaks barefooted seemingly without any difficulties, and more stories are available. We can judge non of them because so many factors affect each single case => physical diet, physical health, mental/spiritual abilities, conditioning? There are tremendous possibilities for humanbeings, far beyond what most of us can imagine (read the Castaneda books, read Brad Steiger books, the Montauk series, the Gurdjieff books, read the Edward de Bono books, various extreme Yogi's etc. (although most of these books have nothing to do with surviving extreme cold, they are just to point out the amazing possibilities)), because we never come across the information or a Living Individual.
And having read all these fantastic books that show us unimaginable possibilities for us humanbeings, there are always other books, other beings that can show us even more advanced stuff, to expand our minds even further, time and time again. So perhaps we have the possibility to run naked in the Siberian Winter without being affected? Although we would we have to undergo a few changes in our Lifestyle.

You find her insistence that the human race ("Man") is highest creation of the Universe, debatable. You may be correct, but do we truly understand what she means? Perhaps she speaks about "Man" having the Highest possibilities/potential in Creation, but that, as she mentions, almost non of us fulfill these possibilities in even the smallest way. "Man" could be truly God-like, but offcourse 99,999999% of us are not, not even remotely close, as you mention. That is perhaps why she insists that she is just a normal human being, nothing mysterious or mystical, these abilaties are perfectly normal for each one of us, but seem far out to us, because non of us have been living Truly Natural Normal Lives (Spiritually Normal).
And whether we truly are the Highest creation in the Universe, I would not know: planets and Suns are mentioned to have a consciousness, in certain text Beings of very advanced consciousness are mentioned, comparing us to a pile of ants and they would be the human beings in the comparison stepping on a few of ants, without even noticing them. (Strange comparison if they were truly Supra Conscious or even more, but I wouldn''t know about that) And advanced beings tell us there is even more, Infinitely. So may be we should take all these statements Relatively?

As for the Dark Forces, I didn't get the idea that she meant anything purely outside of us. It may be both inside and outside of us at the same time. I think you are right that we need look no further than our present human natures. Inside our minds, but who is speaking, where do our thoughts come from and why do we follow and identify with these thoughts? Perhaps there is a possibility there being something external after all? Read "The Mud Shadows" in The active side of Infinity - Carlos Castaneda, Solved the mystery of Life - Vernon Howard, Transcending Madness - Chogyam Trungpa, The Puppet masters - Robert A. Heinlein (fiction, but maybe all too Real in a certain way?), The Mind parasites - Colin Wilson (fiction), the teachings of Gurdjieff.

I have studied a fair deal of the UFO subject but I don't find her ideas laughable. But perhaps you are right, I truly would not know. I have read some more statements somewhere else about some UFO's being Organic, I can't remember specifically where. The statement about the Aliens being less Intelligent sounds strange indeed, but maybe not when you consider her to be a God-like being. The aliens maybe far superior in Intelligence than almost the entire earth population and therefore have nothing to fear of us. But Truly evolved God-like Human Beings may be quite a different story. If their (the Aliens) intentions are not Pure, God-like Human Beings could pose a threat to them.? I don't know anything about this first hand, but can picture this from all the information I have read.
You can get the general idea by watching the episodes from Star Trek with "Q". Q being the God-like Human Being. Or by reading some far out Information on the Internet by God-like Human Beings.
We all have the potential to become God-like Human Beings, if we want to (but most of us don't) => try the Path of the Sufis, the Zen Masters, Nissargadatta, Eckhart Tolle, Vernon Howard, Wei Wu Wei, Buddha, Osho, Krishnamurti, Baal shem tov, Gurdjieff, etc., etc..

I don't know whether Anastasia is for Real or not. I believe it to be genuine, although some things sound strange to me also, most of it is probable in my view. But like I've said, it would not be the first time that my views are to be corrected in the future. I found this book inspiring and nice to read.

Posted on 12 Mar 2011 21:28:22 GMT
The thing is, the question of weather the context of this book is true or not is really irrelevant - the important points contained within it just seem so obvious and basic to me - I'm talking mainly about the stuff about growing food and raising children - the practical stuff. It doesn't really matter where it came from, it rings true for me and anyone considering these issues with a rational and wholesome perspective can only see the same I should think.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (36 customer reviews)

Reviewer