5.0 out of 5 stars I want the next one right now!, 30 Mar 2012
This review is from: Scorched Skies (Fire Spirits Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Oh my. I completely forgot that this was being released until I checked the author's blog. Being a huge fan of her, I of course ran for this book. And I'm so glad I did. Samantha Young will forever be an author who's books I buy, whether I like them or not, and this book proves exactly why.
The story is masterfully told, it's the kind of book you would expect to see in a bookstore, not an indie author! Ari's story was only furthered in this novel, and there were so many important plot elements uncovered. The method of moving the story out of Ohio was excellent, and I truly enjoyed reading it. Ari at times still felt like a petulant child to me, but then again, she has suddenly found out she's a Jinn and supremely important. Plus at least the other characters and even herself note that she's acting like a child.
I was glad the White King took a minor role in this, it was good to read other things happening.
My feeling on the Red King are ambivalous, is he good, or is he bad? I can't quite tell. Excellent story writing from Young on that front, I'm literally on the fence about him.
Charlie...it's a slippery slope for him. He's never been a favourite of mine, but his story so far has been intriguing and I feel sorry for him too.
Jai, Jai Jai Jai. Can I have him thanks? I loved him throughout this whole book. He's one of those characters who seems to be written about simplistically, and yet he's the most intriguing and complex character of the book for me! I love him, want to hug him and cheer for him the whole way through this novel. I love him and Ari, their bantering is amusing and flirtatious.
It was nice to see moments of how powerful he really is, sometimes I forget just how powerful he is, it was nice to see that. I was also glad at the end of this book, for reasons I'm sure everyone who reads this book will agree with me on. Jai all the way!
It was nice to get some of the other kings involved, and the introduction of Asmodeous and Lilif were great. I'm intrigued to see where that plot line goes.
Overall, the character development is exceptional, I really feel like I know these characters and want to know them more. The story line moved along at a fast enough pace, and included side plots which were pleasing and helped to build up to the main plot.
A definite 5* book, and I simply cannot wait for the next one!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]