5.0 out of 5 stars Full review of all games below (bar one at this stage) GREAT GAMES, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Far Cry The Wild Expedition (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This DOES include 4 games the first and fourth are XBLA (Xbox live arcade) games blood dragon always has been!!!

I have never been interested in these titles in the past hell I even thought that blood dragon was DLC, it's not it's a stand alone game. And then E3 happened and I saw a trailer for farcry 4 and boy does that game look great, well being a slight complionist (apologies for any spelling errors.) I thought 'I don't want to miss out on any story details' and so I took the plunge and bought this collection, this is what I thought:-

Firstly I will mention that all games are stand alone stories and are not needed for the other games story lines.

Again, and I am stressing this cause of the negative reviews based strictly on this reason, this does come with 4 games farcry and farcry3 blood dragon are XBLA games and therefore come with a download code to redeem the game at no extra cost, the code should be in the box if it is not in the box then return the game until it is, unless you buy second hand in which case the person who had your copy before has already redeemed the code. Farcry 2 and farcry 3 are both on disc and are the only two on discs. It does say this in the product description.

Please enjoy my review:

Far cry:

As I mention before this for the 360 was a XBLA game and so therefore this is a download, code included in the box.

Anyone who has played crysis, well this is the beta for that. The first game was developed by crytek so the game plays out exactly like crysis, but being earlier it has it's flaws in gameplay.

This game is levelled based but like crysis the levels are large and allow for multiple options to complete a level, it's not very large and if your like me you'll play this game on easy just to see what the relevance is to the rest of the franchise. (Non what so ever... Mutants)

It's still a good game to play and if your anything like me you'll sit there and wonder 'why didn't I pick this up when it was out originally' especially when you think about the games that were out back then.

Farcry 2:

Game on a disc.

Crytek, obviously distracted with crysis, sold the rights to Ubisoft. Ubisoft made some changes and mean changes, it's no longer levelled based, it's an open world shooter.

The stories good but you can get a little lost without cut scenes, so just be sure if someone's speak look right at them and listen. It plays well enough but you can sometimes find that invisible walls and snags can stop you from getting anywhere fast in a car or on a boat. The game is split into three segments, two large playing areas used for act 1 and act 2 and a third smaller area for the endgame. There is one major flaw that left me a little fed up with the game about half way through act 2, and this is magical respawning guard posts, you can have literally finished off the last man walk round a corner think actually I need ammo and find that every man has just respawned within those 5 seconds, after about 25 hrs of gameplay (complionist) this does get rather boring and frustrating.

That a side this is another good game compitant and very refreshing, I would even say that ubisoft rescued the franchise from cryteks clutches. If they learn from their mistakes from previous games then future far cry games are worth being excited about.

Farcry 3:

Game on a disc.

I'm only in the early stages of this third game (the medusa) and the game has shot right up into my favourites along with mass effect, skyrim and fallout. This is now an RPG, not quite to the extent of the three I just previously mentioned but close enough. You can see the influences of assassins creed in this game from how the map is laid out, and how tidy it is for complionists to be aware of what they have already collected and what they need.

I find myself mostly tracking and hunting animals to upgrade my equipment, and climbing up towers in order to scan an area (yes exactly like assassins creed) and then going to take out guard posts to make the area more secure for me to traverse.

There is no need to worry about losing plot points for the story as there are clear cut scenes all from first person and they are merged with the game itself unnoticeable except for losing control of the charecter so he can look at what were supposed to see for the benefit of the story. (I install all my games to my 360 to avoid to slow loading screens).

The gameplay has taken from the previous two games its, as far as I'm aware, completely open world to you right away. You can now tag somebody with camera much like the tagging system in 1 and in the crysis games.

As early as I am into this game I would say that the price of this collection is worth paying just for this third instalment alone, it's stunning to look at, the story is gripping, and the characters are fascinating a must buy (£17.99 from retailers). I'm kicking myself that I didn't pick this up earlier.

Farcry 3 blood dragon:

Again like the first game, this was an XBLA game on release for the 360 and so therefore comes with a code to download the game IN THE BOX!!!!

I haven't played this one yet as I am early into farcry 3, but from what I've heard it's 80's movie mania with farcry 3 gameplay so I'm excited.

As I said at the top I bought this game cause I liked the look of farcry 4 and I had never even thought about playing these games in the past. Well after playing it for the past 3 weeks I can safely say it is worth the money, a must buy for fans of RPG's and shooters a like, I can't wait to see the next gen improvements in the 4th game now, it's going to be fantastic.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]