ARRAY(0xaef45954)

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, but poor Manufacture, 28 Jan 2012
This review is from: Philips HF3485 Wake-Up Light with Radio Alarm and USB Playback (Personal Care)
I must first of all say that I purchased my lamp from Buzz Agent, not from Amazon.

I purchased the Wake up like a year ago through a Phillips endorsed trial scheme, the light was a great boon, It helped me wake up at various times, on all manor of shifts.

The slow wake up process suited me and I felt refreshed when I awoke.

The main negative that was immediately apparent was the poor control system, its a bizzarre click and slide buttons, that don't give much in the way of tactile feedback, and it can be difficult to remember the sequence to alter the time, and which push and twist controls which function, especially at night.

9 months on and I must report that the light has developed a fault where at random times it switches the radio on and off at random times, as iff one of the poorly designed buttons that I mentioned is being pressed.

Having searched the web this seems a common problem.

However when you speak to Philips they are totally disinterested, whilst I appreciate a reasonable retailer such as Amazon will refund or repair and help the consumer.

But with such a common problem happening so early in the life of the product it is more of a manufacture issue, which Philips appear disinterested in.

Personally I expect more than 9 months life from an alarm clock of this price, the manufacturers view leaves me somewhat aghast.

In summary a great idea in theory but at the price do you want more than 9 monts out of it?

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Nov 2012 19:00:06 GMT
Pedro says:
On your point about Philips' disinterested service - this is why I never buy Philips products after some bad experiences. This is not a one-off or isolated incident. Several items of theirs that I have bought have developed problems, and Philips simply don't care. Customer service is the biggest reason to avoid anything they make.

Posted on 4 Dec 2012 14:14:10 GMT
Steve says:
I've had exactly this experience. Philips customer service was truly awful - they could not be less interested or helpful - to the point that I personally would avoid anything made by Phillips. Whilst it worked, I really liked this product but it did not last particularly long and is clearly not designed to last. Providing you're happy to buy a new one every six months or so then go for it, but I too expect more than this from an alarm clock in this price bracket.

Posted on 4 Dec 2012 16:56:40 GMT
At Robert says:
For all of you: I called Philips and within a year they replace the unit. Best of luck with doing the same

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2013 00:59:48 BDT
Rami Issa says:
had the same fault with mine about 9 months after purchase.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›