32 of 38 people found the following review helpful
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Sony Xperia SP SIM-free Android Smartphone - Black (Electronics)
I spent a very long time trawling review websites, customer feedback, youtube videos and just about anything else to get to this phone and chose it down to the following needs:
- good quality screen - HD 720 screen that looks beautiful, the viewing angle inst great but im the only one who looks at it
- strong build quality - the aluminium frame around the edges feels very reassuring, the strong glass front is very solid and the matte plastic back (this is removable for sd and sim) feels good and doesn't slip
- good camera for instagram - 8 megapixel camera, hdr mode and a load of great in camera options make this perfect
- micro sd compatible - take sd cards, I have spotify premium and wanted somewhere to keep all the high quality downloads
- future proof with 4G - not got 4g yet, but I will eventually, its nice to have this feature
- large battery - depending on use - if im gaming/gps/spotify throughout the day i get a day, but when im not using it much the standby time is fantastic as there is battery saving modes that help shut down unneeded processes when the phone is locked
- fast processors - 1.7 dual core and 1gb ram make this incredibly fast! nothing has lagged at all! even large hd games on full settings
- good looking - it looks great, the light on the bottom is customisable (can turn it off if you don't like it) I have different colour lights for messages, calls and emails from a distance away as the light is bright and clear.
- sub £300 - I traded some games in via Amazon and managed to purchase this phone for £250! BARGAIN! I fully recommend.
Any questions feel free to ask, I love this phone
Tracked by 2 customers
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Aug 2013 19:45:33 BDT
Hi, I'm thinking about getting this phone and have spent a long time searching around, reading reviews etc. It seems like a good phone as I read more positive reviews than bad ones. However I have heard that it does not alert you when you receive a text message (not displayed on the screen?) and that's a big one for me! Is that right? I'm a big fan of text messages & use that all the time. Is there a way to fix that? Does it at least make a sound when a text arrives? Even my old phone displays the symbol of a new text when one arrives!! Many thanks.
In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2013 22:49:32 BDT
when you get a text the colour bar at the bottom of the phone lights up. Its really cool, you can set it to different colours too so you know that pink is text messages and yellow is emails for example. This i believe uses less battery than waking the screen up to show you have a new text, the battery life is also excellent!
Hope that answers your question :)
In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2013 23:37:48 BDT
Yes, thanks a lot. Seems pretty cool! ;-) Can I also ask, what's battery life like for say a light/regular user? I won't be spending all day on it, it's mainly for calls, text messages & a bit of instant messaging ;-) Thanks again 😀
In reply to an earlier post on 9 Aug 2013 10:18:21 BDT
If I only do some texts, emails, calls and a little bit of browsing I can get 2 days. You have to use Stamina mode for this (this will turn off your mobile data when the phone is off). Other than that a day and a half is usual.
Posted on 14 Aug 2013 14:03:28 BDT
Does it make a sound when you receive a text message? What about the call volume? Does it ring loud enough? Can you customise the sounds for text and calls as well? Thanks :-)
In reply to an earlier post on 15 Aug 2013 11:49:15 BDT
all sounds are customizable and can go quite loud.
In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2013 23:31:50 BDT
Hi, I've just got this phone and for being a new user, I'm struggling with it a bit, cutting people off and making mistakes... I can't get Internet to work, which I can't understand because I do have wireless connection at home! Do you think my phone hasn't been properly set up yet? Thanks.
Posted on 1 Oct 2013 02:15:08 BDT
Mr. F. SHARIAR says:
Hi I want to buy this phone, but I am not too sure about the audio quality through headphones. Is is loud enough or just average? Would appreciate a quick response, cheers!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›