1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Great software and now impressed by the camera,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Zu3D Animation Kit (CD-ROM)
The kids love the animation software. It is really helpful and sufficiently feature rich to make super short films.
EDIT- it seems that the original camera was faulty. A similar camera was sent by the super ZuLogic team, and although it looks almost the same, it works beautifully. The colours and sound are now much, much better. The new camera only uses a USB connection - the faulty one had a separate connection for the sound.
Some things were less good - like the Voice recording. It does not let you test to get the volume correct.
And getting the camera settings correct was quite difficult...
The camera itself was ok - but
* colours burnt out in good lighting, meaning that most movies were made in dull lighting. This may be controlled by one of the many settings - but I could not figure it out. You could not immediately see the effect of changing a camera setting.
* the led lights, over a shorter distance at least, results in spots of light. Nice idea, but less useful than expected.
* the focus ring works - but it is easy to move the camera when you do so. Would be even nicer if the focus could be controlled on the computer [though I guess that that type of camera would cost much more]
* for an HD camera, it seemed moderately low quality (grainy and poor colour matching) - though I tried different fps vs quality settings. The green-screen cloth looked quite grey on the computer, even in good light.
* the built-in microphone is not very sensitive - you have to shout at it to pick up. Tried all settings and twiddled knobs, but never got really good results. The best bet is to complete the movie first, then hold the camera close to your mouth to record any voice-overs.
Not bad enough to be upset - as I said, the kids love it!
Tracked by 2 customers
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Apr 2013 11:16:18 BDT
ZuLogic Ltd says:
Thanks for taking the time to review Zu3D. We're glad your kids love the software.
With regards to the voice recording-you can listen back to your recording just press the green play button to listen before pressing save, you're right that you can't change the recording volume (we do like this idea though and will work on adding it to the next update!) Once the sound is in your timeline you can alter the volume of the sound by dragging the sound clip up and down, (see tutorial videos.)
Sorry that your experience with the camera is not as expected. Reading your comments it seems that your camera is faulty.- The green cloth should look green and you shouldn't need to shout to record your voice(though you may want to check the computer recording volume as this could be set very low, which would give the same problem.)
I will send you a replacement camera and would be grateful if you could let us know how you get on.
Feel free to contact us through our website for immediate support.
The Zu3D Team
0845 519 4671
‹ Previous 1 Next ›