5.0 out of 5 stars Jack White's first solo album is wonderful and some of his best work yet!, 24 April 2012
This review is from: Blunderbuss (Audio CD)
I am huge fan of Jack White and I own all his albums from his many bands which are The White Stripes, The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather. The songs on this album Blunderbuss are all about his marriage breaking up which over the years has always made very good writing material for many different artist. The first track Missing Pieces has that familiar Jack White feel to it which we all love him for then he goes more funky and heavy with the song Sixteen Salteens.
Track 8 I'm Shakin' put a smile on my face when he says ("I can't stand still, I'm Bo Didley you got me shakin'). We see a more serious side of Jack White with the title track and the song On and On and On.
Jack White's guitar playing is raw and exciting and for me he is the 2nd best rock guitar player alive today after the legend Eddie Van Halen. If you are a Jack White fan this is his 3rd best album that he has been involved with in my humble opinion and my other two favourite albums are Elephant and Consolers of the Lonely.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Apr 2012 17:16:04 BDT
J. HIGNELL says:
Not sure I agree about one of the best living guitarist thing, he is very good, very inventive and unique but there are so many great players out there I dont think you can compare. Never held with the notion that some are better than others when they all sound so good within the framework of the music they play. I think it is more a case of you like the music he creates and his guitar work within that more than you like a lot of others, not that he is better than them....maybe? Because isn't all art subjective and is in the ears, eyes and nose of the beholder?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 08:31:24 BDT
Dragonlord says:
I have seen Jack White live at the Eden Project with The Raconteurs and his guitar playing blew my dad and myself away especially when they did the song Blue Vains. Jack White like Eddie Van Halen doesn't use loads of Gator Megabone Guitar Effects Pedal Board Powers up to 10 Pedals + Bag + Power Supply like Steve Vai or The Edge from U2. What you hear is all raw talent and boy does he know how to make his guitar sing with such a inventive and unique style of his own.
I know there are many more very good rock guitarist living today like Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Richie Sambora, Slash, Eric Clapton, Angus Young, Chris Rea, Joe Satriani and many more.... but, for me Eddie Van Halen and Jack White are my two personal favourites.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (68 customer reviews)

Reviewer