5.0 out of 5 stars A live disco dancefloor!, 29 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Confessions Tour [CD & DVD] (Audio CD)
I really have no word to say. Not being a big fan of Madonna, I watched the tour on TV and thought it was great. That was until I watch the full unedited version on DVD and convinced me it was a masterpiece!
The album being promoted by the tour (Confessions on a dance floor) is by itself one of my all-time favorite albums but with the live performances, she takes it on a whole new level. From the sets to the dancers and the dancing routines to the costumes, it is flawless.
My highlights performances from the DVD are:
- Future lovers/I feel love: Wasn't a big fan of the song, but when I heard it live, combined with Donna Summer's "I fell love", I really felt it.
- From "Confessions" to "Live to tell": Confessions is an act where three of the dancers take the stage, one at a time, to dance and somehow represent the stories that are spoken during their dance. It's very touching and is the prelude to the more personal songs that Madonna wants to perform. The comes "Live to tell", where Madonna appears hanged on a mirrored cross wearing a thorn hoop on her head, just like Jesus did. Though it was strongly criticized, I didn't really find it offensive but as a piece of art, and I'm an Orthodox Christian myself. And I actually touched me at some point. Then, "Forbidden love" and "Isaac" follow and travel you to another place. It greatly reminds me of Israel desserts!
- Finally, "Erotica": I don't get the original song, I really don't. But this version isn't like the song we know. From what I've searched, it's supposed to be an unused demo of the song, a way better demo. I contains alternate lyrics and I guess the song was remixed for the tour to fit in the disco vibe. Totally my favorite of the tour.
I truly believe that is the best pop concert to date and will be difficult to be topped. As a result, I started understanding Madonna's title as "The Queen of Pop". Her voice isn't the next best thing that happened to music but she's an innovative artist and way ahead of the trends of her time!

And apart from the DVD, there's an audio CD with highlights of the tour. It is totally worth for a ride that if you experience, as Madonna says "You will never be the same"!

5/5 with no further thought.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]