release date delivery, reliability for mw3 and bf3.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Jul 2011 20:13:09 BDT
andy says:
lol the topic is a bit of a tongue twister,but to the point if i pre order mw3 or bf3 will i get them on release day or could it be early or late

Posted on 24 Jul 2011 23:52:31 BDT
Tim Room says:
I got Black Ops a day early, but then I got Homefront on the day, so its pretty good service if I'm honest.

Posted on 5 Aug 2011 10:42:30 BDT
Shehz A says:
I got a game thats not in high demand a day late and black ops a day late when they guarenteed release day delivery, contacted amazon nothing, not even a sorry. Wouldnt recommend amazon for pre orders, GAME seems pretty good since then on day deliverys if not earlier.

Posted on 5 Aug 2011 17:00:28 BDT
andy says:
thanks for the feedback i have a youtube channel and i want to get the vids out quick to get some more subscribers hopefully.

Posted on 6 Aug 2011 12:34:12 BDT
Tim Room says:
Gameplay.co.uk is a great site for pre orders, I pre ordered The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3ds from there and it came 2 days early.

Posted on 25 Aug 2011 20:43:28 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Aug 2011 20:44:37 BDT
I'm done using Amazon for pre-orders. My last two have been late waiting until the very last minute of their shipping window (ie. the night before release date) to ship.
They're a great store for most things but they don't seem to grasp that if I pre-order a game I want it on release date not the week after.

Posted on 2 Sep 2011 20:31:07 BDT
Jacob says:
Does anyone had experience with pre ordering a game from other countries in europe besides the UK? Do you got your game on release day or one day before too? Thank in advance

Posted on 18 Sep 2011 21:15:15 BDT
R. E. Bridge says:
i got my black ops 3 days late

Posted on 23 Sep 2011 10:14:32 BDT
shopto.net is pretty good 2 days early and currently have preorders for mw3 for 36 and bf3 for 34

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Sep 2011 20:14:17 BDT
Susan says:
what is your channell ill subscribe

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Sep 2011 22:48:17 BDT
andy says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cshNAfppyc4

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Sep 2011 22:48:37 BDT
andy says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cshNAfppyc4

Posted on 3 Oct 2011 17:28:29 BDT
abc74 says:
Amazon are usually very good and this isn't specific about COD but more about the delivery system of Amazon. I pre-ordered the game in June and have still not received it 5 days after!

HOWEVER, Amazon have let me down and I am very p***ed off! ''Receive on the release date of 30th September!'' HAHAHAHA what a joke,, it's now the 3rd of October and I still don't have the game whilst my friends have an Ultimate Team, rank 6/7, 2nd season and career mode having great fun because they didn't make the mistake of buying from Amazon, they instead when to game or sainsbury's who at least got it there by Saturday and apologized, but Amazon just expect to live on reputation but I can tell you now I won't be buying anything from here in a hurry especially if I want it quickly!

Amazon probably won't read this and will just carry on as normal but soon customers will realise that there are places much better than Amazon and you will be a laughing stock!

If I didn't order the Special Edition I would have gone to a shop e.g. Tesco and bought it for 30 not 42 and got it on time!

Sort it out Amazon, massive let down and there are more of us than you think, an attempt at an apology would have been nice, it's not hard to wrap something up and whack it in a postbox! Extremely disappointed and annoyed!

Posted on 11 Oct 2011 11:02:10 BDT
L. S. Godiff says:
Better get mine on day of release or will not be using amazon again, preordered Black ops last year from coolshop = bad choice :L
Hoping i can atleast get day of release so i can start sniping on MW3! And not wait 1-2 days whilst everyone is getting into the game :(

Posted on 15 Oct 2011 18:04:26 BDT
A. Arthurs says:
I preordered Black Ops last year from amazon and it came on the release date :) I have also preordered other games, such as Mass Effect 2 and Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, and they have also come on the release date.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Oct 2011 18:46:56 BDT
Well, my Dead Rising 2 didn't ship until late Thursday and, surprise, surprise, it ain't here this weekend. :(

Posted on 16 Oct 2011 20:33:22 BDT
Pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption, think I paid a little extra for the delivery and it came at 9am (My post normally comes around mid-day), which I was really happy about.
Can't speak for everyone else but I think every site is inconsistent sometimes, I've heard stories of people getting games 3 days early on Play.com but my friend waited a week for his Fifa12 pre-order. Definitely depends on whereabouts you live too, if they say it's guaranteed for day of delivery then i'd say there's a 90% chance you'll get it.

Also, if you order a special edition, pay a little more for postage, I noticed they didn't have the option on my Batman pre-order but with RDR I paid 2 more than first class to get it signed for at 9am.

Posted on 21 Oct 2011 16:17:36 BDT
yeah game is a good place for pre-orders, I got the new Batman a day early from them.
I know it's not a big game but I was ment to be getting tropico 4 from amazon today I got the e-mail thursday afternoon saying it's been dispatched and be with me today (friday) nothing I check and now they are saying be with me tomorrow (saturday) I know it isnt much of a big deal but I kinda feel let down by it, so I'm now having second thoughts about canceling my pre-orders from amazon and heading over to game. Sorry for the long read lol.

Posted on 30 Oct 2011 10:44:34 GMT
Got my dispatch email for BF3 on Thursday night, no surprise then that's it's sunday now and still not game. Booo, will use gameplay next time.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 16:35:39 GMT
Sean says:
I pre ordered MW3 2 months ago from amazon it is the release date at 4:30pm and it has not arrived im mega p****d especially as i got it to be delivered to my work and now work finishes in an hour thanks amazon your a bunch of C**ts and i wont be returning in future. As all my mate have got theirs now i miss out on our first clan get together online on MW3

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 17:23:05 GMT
This is just dreadful, I ordered MW3 a whole month ahead of release with Amazons "guarantee" of release day delivery! First time I pre-ordered a game off of Amazon and it will most definitely be the last!! Don't put up a guarantee if you can't stick to it! Especially with Pre-Ordered games. My brother ordered his from Game.co.uk and he received a Dispatched email a whole 4 days before Amazon emailed me and he received his today so its nothing to do with the postal service!! Never again Amazon!

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 18:07:37 GMT
I pre-ordered MW3 back in September and was really excited about it turning up today as Amazon had 'guaranteed' that i would receive it on day of release... I subscribe to Amazon Prime as well so was even more p****d off that it hadn't arrived! Never again will i pre-order anything on Amazon, i will just go to Game instead
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 18:09:07 GMT
I pre-ordered MW3 back in September and was really excited about it turning up today as Amazon had 'guaranteed' that i would receive it on day of release... I subscribe to Amazon Prime as well so was even more p****d off that it hadn't arrived! Never again will i pre-order anything on Amazon, i will just go to Game instead
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 18:11:53 GMT
L. S. Godiff says:
It is amazons fault. they dispatched ALL of them on 7th... comon thats way to late this game is going to sell millions not like 100,000 amazon you let yourselve down, dispatch on friday and youd have amazing reviews right now. instead you thought royal mail would deliver that much lol

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 20:24:37 GMT
I also preordered from amazon in october i had to pay an extra 1.70 for "guaranteed" delivery on release day. Never again. At least im not the only person who has had the same problem. dont "guarantee" something if you cant stick to it!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  28
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  21 Jul 2011
Latest post:  5 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360) by Activision (Xbox 360)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (801)