ON YOUR PC NOT TABLET

http://junefabrics.com/android/download.php

Download and install the free PDAnet programme above

Download the Livesuite programme

www.androidtabletpcs.co.uk/livesuite.zip

The above is a zip, you will need to unzip it to a known location

Download the firmware

http://www.androidtabletpcs.co.uk/neuropad.img

go to the unzipped livesuite folder and read PDF instructions to help you install livesuite

Click on the livesuite application in the livesuite folder once installed

click on the select image button and select the firmware image you downloaded above

now with the tablet POWERED OFF hold down the volume plus button and plug it into the PC via USB

keep holding the volume plus button and press the power button 10 times quickly

Livesuite will ask if you want to format, click yes on all boxes,

wait for the tablet to flash.

you are finished.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2012 20:19:14 BDT
Chuffer says:
Hi H.A,

I am trying to reflash my tablet as my stepson has changed the lock pattern and has forgotten what it is and promptly locked the tablet. I have downloaded all of the software as detailed in your instructions but am having problems with PdaNet as it is asking me to select "USB Debugging" from the settings menu, however, as my tablet is locked I can not do this and PdaNet will not install.

Can you please suggest a way around this issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Posted on 30 May 2012 09:15:59 BDT
Lee G says:
I thought you only download the firmware to the Desktop PC, not the tablet, so you don't need to go into debug mode? In fact, Im wonder if PDAnet is only for installing the USB drivers for the tablet, in which case you only need to install PDAnet, but don't need to actually run it. Does PDAnet not install on your PC at all?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jun 2012 20:12:41 BDT
Chuffer says:
Lee G, thanks for your help. PDANet is installed. I connect the tablet to the PC with the volume button held down and all I get is a flashing blue LED. Holding the volume button up and pressing the power button 10 times absolutley nothing happens. What am I d oing wrong here? Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted on 1 Jun 2012 20:59:38 BDT
Lee G says:
Well, as I read it, you power off the tablet, hold down the volume plus button and then connect to your PC. Then you need to keep holding the volume plus button but at the same time press the power button 10 times and because you should already be running live suite, it prompts you about overwriting some files.

Not actually needed to do it myself so far, hope that helps.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jun 2012 14:06:25 BDT
Which script did you use and is there a guide to using the script? I can't get luckypatcher to work on my tablet and have installed busybox installer and the latest supersu ics as advised. Any help would be thankfully accepted.

Posted on 9 Jun 2012 14:32:16 BDT
Lee G says:
Hi Darren,

If you look at the top of this thread at a post by H.A., this is the script that Chuffer followed. No mention of Luckypatcher or busybox though, so I'm not sure what script you've been following?

Lee.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jun 2012 15:35:46 BDT
Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply but I was hoping for more of an idiots guide on how to do it. The link posted takes you to a forum with many different scripts for different makes of tablet. It was a tad confusing. I've rooted my Galaxy S2 with no trouble at all but the tablets seem a bit different with nothing like cwm to take you to a recovery state. Any help would be most appreciated.

Posted on 9 Jun 2012 20:17:07 BDT
Lee G says:
I'm not sure how detailed I can go, as I've not actually followed this myself, but here goes:

These first steps should all be done on your PC, not the Tablet.

Go to this website on your PC - http://junefabrics.com/android/download.php

You get the option of downloading either the 32 or 64bit version of this software. Once it is downloaded, click on it to install, I'm assuming here the install is fairly simple (probably next, next, install). Once this is installed, I don't think you actually need to do anything with it, I think it just installs USB drivers that then detect the tablet correctly later on.

Then go to this website on your PC - www.androidtabletpcs.co.uk/livesuite.zip

It will ask you to save the download, so save it to somewhere like my documents. Once the download is complete, right mouse click on the livesuite zip file and choose Extract All. This should then unzip it to the location you specifiy. In this new location you will see several folders and files. There is an install guide, although it looks like a translated version, so not quite so clear, called LivesuitEN.pdf. However, as far as I can tell, you don't actually need to install this, the files it requires to run are already there.

Finally, you need to go to this website to download the actual tablet image - http://www.androidtabletpcs.co.uk/neuropad.img

Save this in a location that you know where it is.

Now you are ready to start flashing the tablet. You now need to go to your Livesuit folder location. You will find a file called Livesuit.exe or possibly just Livesuit (it has a sort of blue/white circle icon). Double click this and this opens up livesuit. You then click on the icon called SelectImg, and locate the neuropad.img file that you downloaded in the last step. Now you power off the tablet, hold down the volume plus button and then connect to your PC with the USB cable. Then you need to keep holding the volume plus button but at the same time press the power button 10 times. then let go of the volume+ button and Livesuite will ask if you want to format the tablet, click yes on all boxes.

Once the tablet has finished being flashed, I believe you can just remove the USB cable, and the tablet will reboot itself with the new image.

If you have any problems, then post it here, I know that many other people have done it who are not experts in this by any means, but have found it relatively straightforward.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jun 2012 12:21:09 BDT
Thanks again Lee

I've managed to do what you described already it's just certain programs that need root like luckypatcher don't seem to work saying I need to install the latest busybox and supersu but when I've installed the recommended updates it doesn't seem to make any differents. Thanks for your help anyway.

Posted on 10 Jun 2012 12:55:50 BDT
Lee G says:
The device is certainly rooted, but it does sound like Luckypatcher may not work well with other devices, so maybe this is the issue.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2012 18:28:41 BDT
The video link is blurry and in an Asian language?

Posted on 12 Sep 2012 17:35:28 BDT
Hi, I have reflashed my tablet following all the instructions to the letter. Livesuite tells me the operation was a success but, now the screen is unresponsive. I can boot to the home screen with the 'Make this your home, put apps here' type message but nothing happens when i press the screen. if i try to shut down, i long press the power but cant get a response when touching 'yes' to the 'shut down?' prompt.
any help please???

Posted on 13 Sep 2012 20:22:12 BDT
Lee G says:
Do you definitely have the same tablet as it will only work for the Neuropads? Also it seems that this tablet may recently have been replaced by a newer model that has a single physical button on the right hand side in landscape mode, and I don't know if this custom ROM works on it.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Sep 2012 20:54:03 BDT
Hi,
Yeah it is a Neuropad2, but the one button version I have. Didnt realise that would make the difference! D'oh!
I've contacted Android Slates and they are sorting me out the proper rom.

Ill make sure I keep a hard copy of it too! (Just in Case)

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Sep 2012 20:56:56 BDT
Lee G says:
Yes, just found out via another thread about the one button version. The ROM's are always specific to a hardware type as far as I understand, probably for driver compatibility.

Posted on 15 Sep 2012 11:24:51 BDT
H. A says:
just uploading to the server now. Will put link here shortly

Posted on 15 Sep 2012 13:39:07 BDT
H. A says:
new firmware link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9evoo7

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2012 21:33:08 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 21 Sep 2012 22:33:26 BDT]

Posted on 10 Oct 2012 20:35:11 BDT
GaProgMan says:
Hi All,

I tried to install the latest firmware, but the device has become unresponsive. Here is the exact process I followed to install the latest firmware:

Downloaded the LiveSuit zip file
Downloaded the latest neuroPAD.img
Extracted the LiveSuit zip file to the desktop
Ran LiveSuit.exe
Powered off the tablet
Held the Volume + button
Pressed the Power on button 10 times
Inserted the USB cable
Pointed device manager at the USB Drivers folder (within the LiveSuit folder)
Windows reported that there where no compatible drivers in that folder.
Downloaded the drivers folder linked by H A on the 14th May
Replaced the USB Drivers folder within the LiveSuit folder with the new ones
Pointed Device Manager at that folder, again
Windows reported that there where no compatible drivers in that folder.
Downloaded PDAnet (as directed by H A on the 16th MAy)
Ran the installer and followed instructions.
Windows still reports that no compatible drivers can be found.
LiveSuit asked if I wanted to format my device.
I hit "Yes" twice.
I got to 15%, then it stopped. For around 30 minutes.
The blue charging LED has remained on, and the screen off since.

Any help would be much appreciated

Posted on 11 Oct 2012 08:54:03 BDT
Lee G says:
How long have you had your Neuropad2 and what type is it (3 buttons on right hand side or 1 button on right hand side in Landscape mode)?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2012 10:17:30 BDT
GaProgMan says:
I ordered it in June. There's only a single button on the right-hand side in landscape mode.

After a bit of experimentation, I found that I had have the charger plugged in (at the same time as connecting to my PC) to get Windows to pick it up with the correct drivers. My thought was that maybe flashing drains the battery faster than normal use - I'm guessing the files are written at a high CPU clock speed.

Posted on 14 Oct 2012 11:23:02 BDT
Lee G says:
I've flashed mine without having it plugged into the mains, just charging/connected through USB. The ROM image you are using seems to be the correct one for your tablet, so it should work. Did it flash ok once you had the mains charger plugged in?

Posted on 6 Jan 2013 18:17:36 GMT
ReformedGeek says:
is there a link to a jelly bean rom?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
CloudNine Neuropad2 Android Tablet - Now with Android 4.0.3 ICS - 2180p HD Superslim 7" 5 point touch Capacitive Android Tablet with A10 processor NOW WITH 8GB Memory - Fully compatible with Facebook, Youtube player and Skype
CloudNine Neuropad2 Android Tablet - Now with Android 4.0.3 ICS - 2180p HD Superslim 7" 5 point touch Capacitive Android Tablet with A10 processor NOW WITH 8GB Memory - Fully compatible with Facebook, Youtube player and Skype by Cloud
3.9 out of 5 stars   (172)