Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > BioShock 2 (PS3) forum

Any reason why this price keeps going up and down like a yo-yo?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Jan 2010 13:54:17 GMT
Two days ago £29.99, now £34.49 - make your mind up Amazon! I was just about to pre-order this but might just go to ShopTo now.

Posted on 29 Jan 2010 20:37:13 GMT
yeah, seriously WTF?!!!

What logic do they base the ever-changing prices on anyway?

Shopto, I look forward to a better price soon...

Posted on 30 Jan 2010 00:23:05 GMT
David Plant says:
Does the Amazon version have the free downloadable characters - the Actress and the Fisherman?

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jan 2010 16:15:19 GMT
DeeJay says:
Why didnt you order it two days ago? Too lazy or what? Amazon honour the lowest price while pre ordered. You have no gripe.

Posted on 30 Jan 2010 19:27:21 GMT
Lukey52 says:
The prices are changing based on what the competition are pricing it at. A few days ago Shopto were selling it for £29.85 with free shipping guaranteed delivery on release day. Amazon put the price down to match this but even then you gotta pay for first class to get it on release day so really it was still £31.50 or so. Then Shopto put the price up to £33.95 so amazon obviously had no need to be £4 cheaper than everyone else so they put their prices up as well.

As the others said you should have preordered when it was £29.99. Honestly don't see why you didn't? If the price had gone down you'd have paid the lowest price and if it goes up you'd still pay what you ordered it for... Oh well better hope prices lower again before release

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jan 2010 00:36:06 GMT
Last edited by the author on 31 Jan 2010 00:38:29 GMT
DeeJay says:
Further to the above.... The Chart plays a major part as it is based on sales..... If a game is not selling too well or has been overstocked then the price is lowered as the game drops down the chart. This lures people into buying and causes the game to rapidly rise. Seeing a game near the top of the chart makes buyers assume it must be good and it then sells rapidly at the newly increased price.... As for paying express delivery on release day, forget it. The free delivery option is only a day or so behind and has on occasion arrived on release day. Having said that, there are those out there that must have it ON the day, only to batter the key pad for 4 days until completed, and then trade in at their local video shop for a pittance. But dont stop.... I can buy them for less than half price, used once and less than a week old. LOL. You might be able to play the game, but you must learn how to play the market.

Posted on 1 Feb 2010 09:03:09 GMT
all this static about 'why didn't you preorder it when it was 29.99 blah blah blah' - i don't know about the OP, but as far as i am concerned, i wasn't even aware it had gone to that price until the day i posted my comment that it used to be 29.99 - a good price.

i know what y'all are saying, but you have to understand just because some of you may spend your days logged onto amazon or the internet in general doesn't mean everybody else does as well.

"As the others said you should have preordered when it was £29.99. Honestly don't see why you didn't?"

again - don't know about OP, but my life doesn't revolve around hovering over amazon, shopto or any other damn website tracking prices minute by minute hour by hour. so just because someone misses a good price doesn't automaicaly mean they are lazy - it may just mean that they have other more important stuff going on in real life, such as family and kids, work, going out, hell - even being away on holiday or something, at the time there was a 'deal' to be scooped up.

so think twice before making sweeping judgemental bull$h!t coments like calling others lazy when you don't know a thing about other people's lives.

as far as delivery goes, personally, i don't give a good god.d.amn whether it arives 1 day early or 3 days later than everyone elses as long as i get the damn thing delivered. i can understand many of y'all like to play a game the second it comes through the mail - and that's great if you have the time to spare and hitting the game right off the bat is a priority for you.

still, for others, like me, who have too much going on normaly that games are a nice little luxury to relax with, then i'm not gonna get hung-up on whether it is played on release day or not.

in any case, a friend tipped me off to the zavvi deal for 29.99 plus 7% quidco for the 'Rapture' edition and i managed to buy that last night instead.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2010 11:40:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Feb 2010 12:16:34 GMT
As the unfortunately named 'Crackhead' points out above, let's not make sweeping statements about people's laziness just because we missed the lowest price. I logged on a few days ago to have a quick look at the price, as I was reminded that the game was due out soon. At £29.99 I thought 'Ooh I'm happy with that,' but didn't actually have time to order it there and then so resigned myself to come back and pre-order when I had chance. Imagine, therefore, how un-impressed/irate I was when I came back and the price had unexpectedly jumped up again for no apparent reason. I thus decided to vent my spleen in the only way I feasibly could: by posting my opinion here. Did it achieve anything? No. Did it make me feel better? Not really. But clearly I am not the only one who is expressing their disappointment with Amazon's pricing policy. I would much rather place my order with Amazon as I have always been very impressed by their delivery, but frankly I'm getting a little narked with the way they continue to take extract the urine with their constant pre-order price yo-yoing (and, I might add, not just with this game but with any you care to mention).

Posted on 1 Feb 2010 16:38:01 GMT
mattpk87,
I know - i love that <italics>nom de plume</italics>, as well!

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2010 17:02:02 GMT
Not sure I'd be advertising my nasty drug habit in my 'nom de plume'. Anyway - back at £29.99. Time to pre-order I think before it inexplicably goes back up to 35 quid again.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2010 19:13:46 GMT
M. Mohsen says:
£29.99 ps3 rapture edition in zavvi

Posted on 1 Feb 2010 19:52:24 GMT
what can I say, I have an irreverant sense of humor.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2010 21:07:46 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Feb 2010 21:09:39 GMT
DeeJay says:
WOW! Now you are all awake....maybe you wont miss the bargains. LOL.

Posted on 1 Feb 2010 21:20:05 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Feb 2010 21:50:37 GMT
;)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  BioShock 2 (PS3) forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  29 Jan 2010
Latest post:  1 Feb 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
BioShock 2 (PS3)
BioShock 2 (PS3) by Take 2 Interactive (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars (84)