Worth reading the this book after watching and really enjoying the English version of the movie?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Jan 2012 23:15:52 GMT
Or should I just skip this book and buy the 2nd? Is there anything important missing from the movie that's in the book?

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2012 16:32:47 BDT
I read the 3 books brilliant. I have watched the Swedish version of the first book with subtitles and think this film version was better than the version starring Daniel Craig. if I had watched the English version first without reading the book then I would not have been able to follow the story. the books are better than both film versions

Posted on 17 May 2012 11:45:44 BDT
lee says:
I wouldn't touch the books with a barge pole after watching the film, especially the sequels, which are horrific. If you've watched the hollywood version, i would suggested watching the Swedish films as opposed to reading the books. The next two films aren't that great either, but that's because the books are dire.

The first film was pretty good, as it essentially wipes out all of the non-essential drivel ( and there's a lot of it ) and keeps the plot moving forward.
The next two books, however, had about ten pages worth of real plot, the rest filled with mangled sub-plots and filler. And that will most likely show in the Hollywood sequels much like it does in the Swedish versions.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  25 Jan 2012
Latest post:  17 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg; Keeland, Translator-Reg Larsson (Mass Market Paperback - 2009)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (2,779)